'Star Wars Episode 7' Reportedly Will Be an 'Original Story'
Hot on heels of the news that The Walt Disney Company, which has just bought Lucasfilm, is readying "Star Wars Episode 7", speculations about the possible plot for the upcoming movie have quickly spread throughout the web. Adding fuel to the trending topic, E! News has spoken to a Lucasfilm source who reveals that the new "Star Wars" film will be something no fans have ever seen before.
"It's an original story," so the source tells the site of "Episode 7" plot. In other words, the upcoming film will likely not be based on any of "Star Wars" novels or graphic novels. The source adds that the pic "will literally be nothing you've ever seen or read before from the Star Wars universe." As for who's going to direct it, the source claims that no filmmaker has been officially hired for the project.
Previously, some diehard fans of "Star Wars" were speculating that "Episode 7" may be based on the "Thrawn Trilogy" by Timothy Zahn. "Of all the speculation out there about the content of this new trilogy, that's the single most concrete idea," Eric Geller of TheForce.net said. "It's almost inevitable that the story will take place in the same time frame as those books."
The "Thrawn Trilogy" itself finds Luke Skywalker being hunted by assassin lady Mara Jade. However, Jade later falls for Skywalker and they eventually get married. On the other hand, Skywalker also deals with the fact that he's the only Jedi left and he goes about trying to fix that. Princess Leia and Han Solo also play important role to the story after they have twin children.
"Star Wars Episode 7" is projected to be released Stateside sometime in 2015. George Lucas will not direct or produce the film but he's reportedly taking part in the writing process. Disney also plans a new trilogy for the sci-fi franchise with each movie being released every other year beginning from 2015.
Lucasfilm's "Star Wars" franchise has flourished for more than 35 years. Its feature films have grossed a total of $4.4 billion globally to date.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March