Britney Spears' Paparazzo Ex Says Her Mom Asked Him to Trash Sam Lutfi
More stories from Britney Spears' past were unraveled in the courtroom when Adnan Ghalib, the shutterbug who briefly dated her during her infamous meltdown, took the witness stand in the legal battle between Sam Lutfi and her parents. The paparazzo accused her mother Lynne Spears of urging him to spread lies about her former manager.
Adnan, who appeared in court wearing a suit and his signature landing-strip goatee, said he started dating Britney in December 2009. When asked how often he was with the singer, the shutterbug replied, "Daily. I was there everyday." He denied he ever saw Sam hiding her phones or her dog, the allegations made by Lynne in her book.
Instead, the British shutterbug claimed the mother once asked him to trash-talk about Sam and portrayed the manager as a bad guy to the media. "She requested that I say [to the press] Sam Lutfi was responsible for Britney Spears' behavior," he testified in the court without stating whether or not he followed her alleged request.
Under cross-examination, Adnan said he never received any text from Sam about Britney's daily out-and-abouts. The testimony contradicted the manager's previous testimony about his alleged effort of ending paparazzi madness. Sam previously claimed he gave update on her whereabouts to paparazzi so that they didn't hound her on daily basis.
Adnan also admitted he bought a disposable cell phone to be smuggled to Britney at Sam's request after her father Jamie became a conservator of her affairs and ordered the manager to stay away from her. The paparazzo additionally confirmed that he, like Sam, was slapped with restraining order against the pop singer for three years.
Next, Jamie returned to the witness stand to give his testimony. The father denied Sam's allegations that he punched and threatened to kill him during an altercation at Britney's home in the days leading up to her hospitalization at Cedars-Sinai on a 5150 emergency psychiatric hold. He said he only "touched" the manager but never chased or beat him.
Another witness in the latest court date as part of Sam's defamation lawsuit against Lynne and Jamie was X17online paparazzo Filipe Texeira. He claimed the manager helped put the paparazzi madness around Britney to an end by agreeing to alert the photographers about her activities so long as they behaved themselves.
More Britney Spears News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media