Green Day Premiere 'The Forgotten' Music Video From 'Breaking Dawn II'
With the recent rehab treatments of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day fans will have to wait until next year to see their favorite band perform live, but they still have something to be happy about since the group just launched a music video for "The Forgotten". The song is part of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" movie soundtrack.
"The Forgotten" clip premiered on MTV on Tuesday, October 30 and was the band's first dive into the extremely popular "Twilight Saga" series. It features behind-the-scenes footage of them recording, performing and just hanging out. These raw images are then intercut with movie clips from "Breaking Dawn II" showing the film's protagonist, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), enjoying her newfound vampire powers.
Armstrong's emotion-packed vocals are a delight to listen to in this piano-based ballad that somehow recalls the band's style in "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)".
"When we were asked to be part of the 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II' soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon, and we have always been impressed with the way the 'Twilight' soundtracks are so carefully curated," said bassist Mike Dirnt to Yahoo! Movies' MOVIEtalk.
The "Breaking Dawn Part 2" soundtrack is slated to hit stores on November 13 while the movie plays in theaters Stateside on November 16.
Green Day's "The Forgotten" Music Video OST. "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other