Green Day Premiere 'The Forgotten' Music Video From 'Breaking Dawn II'
With the recent rehab treatments of frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day fans will have to wait until next year to see their favorite band perform live, but they still have something to be happy about since the group just launched a music video for "The Forgotten". The song is part of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" movie soundtrack.
"The Forgotten" clip premiered on MTV on Tuesday, October 30 and was the band's first dive into the extremely popular "Twilight Saga" series. It features behind-the-scenes footage of them recording, performing and just hanging out. These raw images are then intercut with movie clips from "Breaking Dawn II" showing the film's protagonist, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart), enjoying her newfound vampire powers.
Armstrong's emotion-packed vocals are a delight to listen to in this piano-based ballad that somehow recalls the band's style in "Wake Me Up When September Ends" and "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)".
"When we were asked to be part of the 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II' soundtrack, we readily agreed because the films are an insane cultural phenomenon, and we have always been impressed with the way the 'Twilight' soundtracks are so carefully curated," said bassist Mike Dirnt to Yahoo! Movies' MOVIEtalk.
The "Breaking Dawn Part 2" soundtrack is slated to hit stores on November 13 while the movie plays in theaters Stateside on November 16.
Green Day's "The Forgotten" Music Video OST. "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II"
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist