Gene Hackman Slaps Homeless Man to Defend His Wife
Gene Hackman acted in self-defense when a homeless man approached him and his wife, Betsy Arakawa, in a threatening manner in New Mexico. The 82-year-old Oscar-winning actor came to his wife's defense by slapping the guy when he called her a "c***."
TMZ reported Gene and Betsy ran into the man named Bruce Becker when they were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. The couple was questioned by police after the foul-mouthed guy reported them. Cops determined the slap was a self defense and no charges were filed.
Gene won two Oscars and three Golden Globes during his acting career that spanned five decades. He received his latest Golden Globe statuette in 2001 for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, thanks to his portrayal as the titular character of "The Royal Tenenbaums".
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard