Gene Hackman Slaps Homeless Man to Defend His Wife
Gene Hackman acted in self-defense when a homeless man approached him and his wife, Betsy Arakawa, in a threatening manner in New Mexico. The 82-year-old Oscar-winning actor came to his wife's defense by slapping the guy when he called her a "c***."
TMZ reported Gene and Betsy ran into the man named Bruce Becker when they were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. The couple was questioned by police after the foul-mouthed guy reported them. Cops determined the slap was a self defense and no charges were filed.
Gene won two Oscars and three Golden Globes during his acting career that spanned five decades. He received his latest Golden Globe statuette in 2001 for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, thanks to his portrayal as the titular character of "The Royal Tenenbaums".
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo