Gene Hackman Slaps Homeless Man to Defend His Wife
Gene Hackman acted in self-defense when a homeless man approached him and his wife, Betsy Arakawa, in a threatening manner in New Mexico. The 82-year-old Oscar-winning actor came to his wife's defense by slapping the guy when he called her a "c***."
TMZ reported Gene and Betsy ran into the man named Bruce Becker when they were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. The couple was questioned by police after the foul-mouthed guy reported them. Cops determined the slap was a self defense and no charges were filed.
Gene won two Oscars and three Golden Globes during his acting career that spanned five decades. He received his latest Golden Globe statuette in 2001 for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, thanks to his portrayal as the titular character of "The Royal Tenenbaums".
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered