Gene Hackman Slaps Homeless Man to Defend His Wife
Gene Hackman acted in self-defense when a homeless man approached him and his wife, Betsy Arakawa, in a threatening manner in New Mexico. The 82-year-old Oscar-winning actor came to his wife's defense by slapping the guy when he called her a "c***."
TMZ reported Gene and Betsy ran into the man named Bruce Becker when they were leaving a Santa Fe restaurant. The couple was questioned by police after the foul-mouthed guy reported them. Cops determined the slap was a self defense and no charges were filed.
Gene won two Oscars and three Golden Globes during his acting career that spanned five decades. He received his latest Golden Globe statuette in 2001 for Best Actor - Motion Picture Musical or Comedy, thanks to his portrayal as the titular character of "The Royal Tenenbaums".
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik