Pink, Carrie Underwood and Pitbull to Perform at 2012 AMAs
Pink, Carrie Underwood and Pitbull are expected to heighten the anticipation of American Music Awards next month. The trio have been added to the performers line-up, joining the previously announced Christina Aguilera, Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift and Linkin Park.
The 40th annual ceremony will be held November 18 at Los Angeles' Nokia Theater. The show will air live starting 8 P.M. but an online pre-show will stream live starting at 5 P.M. ET/PT. Lance Bass, Kimberly Cole, Brad Goreski, Sean Kingston, Eden Sher and Tristan Wilds will host the online pre-show which streams on ABC.com, AMAs365.com, Cokemusic.com, Livestream, Ustream and YouTube.
More performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
Nominations this year are dominated by Minaj and Rihanna who have four nods each. For the sixth year in a row, winners will be determined by online voting. Fans can vote for their favorites in all 20 categories including Artist of the Year through AMAVote.com and AMA.abc.com.
Pink has released her sixth studio album, "The Truth About Love", in September. Underwood released her fourth album, "Blown Away", in May and is touring the world in support of the album. Meanwhile Pitbull is looking forward to the release of his seventh studio album, reportedly titled "Global Warming", next month.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video