Nick Jonas: Yes, 'Wedding Bells' Is About Miley Cyrus
Looks like Taylor Swift does not have a monopoly when it comes to writing songs about her exes. Jonas Brothers' member, Nick Jonas, admitted in a radio interview today with Ryan Seacrest that he wrote "Wedding Bells" with former sweetheart, Miley Cyrus, in mind. Nick adds that he gets inspiration for new music from his own life.
"Wedding Bells" debuted last October 11 at the Jonas Brothers' New York City reunion show, and since then has spurred up rumors that it is about the former "Hannah Montana" star. Upon first hearing of the song, Miley commented that it was "pretty blatant" but also stressed that she was totally cool with the song being about her and felt that she had the right attitude about being the inspiration for the song.
"I don't know who else is getting married so I feel like that's pretty blatant," Miley said during an earlier interview with Ryan Seacrest. "You can't ever hate on someone for writing something you've been through."
During the Jonas Brothers radio interview, Nick confirmed that Miley was "absolutely right" about her being the song's inspiration and that it is about her upcoming nuptials to Liam Hemsworth. "It's just about being open and honest about the fact that your life is what you have to write about sometimes and pull from that inspiration," explained the young singer.
Fans of Jonas Brothers can catch them perform live in Los Angeles at the Pantages Theater on November 27 and 28 at 8:00 P.M. Tickets are available on November 3.
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6