Nick Jonas: Yes, 'Wedding Bells' Is About Miley Cyrus
Looks like Taylor Swift does not have a monopoly when it comes to writing songs about her exes. Jonas Brothers' member, Nick Jonas, admitted in a radio interview today with Ryan Seacrest that he wrote "Wedding Bells" with former sweetheart, Miley Cyrus, in mind. Nick adds that he gets inspiration for new music from his own life.
"Wedding Bells" debuted last October 11 at the Jonas Brothers' New York City reunion show, and since then has spurred up rumors that it is about the former "Hannah Montana" star. Upon first hearing of the song, Miley commented that it was "pretty blatant" but also stressed that she was totally cool with the song being about her and felt that she had the right attitude about being the inspiration for the song.
"I don't know who else is getting married so I feel like that's pretty blatant," Miley said during an earlier interview with Ryan Seacrest. "You can't ever hate on someone for writing something you've been through."
During the Jonas Brothers radio interview, Nick confirmed that Miley was "absolutely right" about her being the song's inspiration and that it is about her upcoming nuptials to Liam Hemsworth. "It's just about being open and honest about the fact that your life is what you have to write about sometimes and pull from that inspiration," explained the young singer.
Fans of Jonas Brothers can catch them perform live in Los Angeles at the Pantages Theater on November 27 and 28 at 8:00 P.M. Tickets are available on November 3.
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie