Zack Snyder Plays Coy on Possible 'Man of Steel' Sequel
Now that Warner Bros. Picters has secured the rights to the Superman franchise, some people begin to speculate about a possible sequel to "Man of Steel" despite the fact that the film is still a year away from being released everywhere. Weighing in on the subject, director Zack Snyder decided to play it safe when asked by E! News to comment on the follow-up movie.
"We like to take it one step at a time and not curse anything," Snyder said very carefully when attending the Arthritis Foundation gala in Beverly Hills recently. "It's kind of thing so we'll see what happens," he added. When urged further to spill a little hint about the upcoming film, the director insisted to stay tight-lipped as stressing, "It's super hard to keep it a secret."
Though he managed to play coy on the possible sequel project, Snyder did have some good words for lead actor Henry Cavill who gave his best performance in the Superman getup. "It was awesome," praised the filmmaker. "You look at him and you're like, 'That was a good idea!' "
Christopher Meloni, who was also at the gala with Snyder, was equally secretive as the director. Discussing the upcoming film, the Colonel Hardy depicter carefully said, "I just keep telling everyone it's a reimagining and something that you've never seen before in your life - how a superhero is portrayed, the journey he gave him and how it's filmed. You've never see anything like it."
While details of "Man of Steel" are kept under very tight wraps, an alleged emblem animation for the movie leaks onto the web. Per Comic Book Movie, the video shows a stunning shot of the Superman logo, which allegedly will be used as the official title treatment or will be part of a new trailer for the film.
"Man of Steel" is slated for a June 14, 2013 release in theaters across the United States. In addition to Cavill and Meloni, it stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Laurence Fishburne among others.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'