Zack Snyder Plays Coy on Possible 'Man of Steel' Sequel
Now that Warner Bros. Picters has secured the rights to the Superman franchise, some people begin to speculate about a possible sequel to "Man of Steel" despite the fact that the film is still a year away from being released everywhere. Weighing in on the subject, director Zack Snyder decided to play it safe when asked by E! News to comment on the follow-up movie.
"We like to take it one step at a time and not curse anything," Snyder said very carefully when attending the Arthritis Foundation gala in Beverly Hills recently. "It's kind of thing so we'll see what happens," he added. When urged further to spill a little hint about the upcoming film, the director insisted to stay tight-lipped as stressing, "It's super hard to keep it a secret."
Though he managed to play coy on the possible sequel project, Snyder did have some good words for lead actor Henry Cavill who gave his best performance in the Superman getup. "It was awesome," praised the filmmaker. "You look at him and you're like, 'That was a good idea!' "
Christopher Meloni, who was also at the gala with Snyder, was equally secretive as the director. Discussing the upcoming film, the Colonel Hardy depicter carefully said, "I just keep telling everyone it's a reimagining and something that you've never seen before in your life - how a superhero is portrayed, the journey he gave him and how it's filmed. You've never see anything like it."
While details of "Man of Steel" are kept under very tight wraps, an alleged emblem animation for the movie leaks onto the web. Per Comic Book Movie, the video shows a stunning shot of the Superman logo, which allegedly will be used as the official title treatment or will be part of a new trailer for the film.
"Man of Steel" is slated for a June 14, 2013 release in theaters across the United States. In addition to Cavill and Meloni, it stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Laurence Fishburne among others.
More Man of Steel News
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder