RZA Nabs 'Genghis Khan' and 'No Man's Land' as Next Directorial Projects
Fresh off his directorial debut in "The Man with the Iron Fists", hip hop veteran-turned-filmmaker RZA has already prepared not just one but two new big screen projects. The Hollywood Reporter shares that the Wu-Tang Clan leader has signed on to helm biopic about Mongolian leader "Genghis Khan" and action thriller "No Man's Land".
The Genghis Khan biopic has sealed "Conan the Barbarian" helmer/writer John Milius to pen the script and serve as an executive producer. Milius was originally set to direct as well before RZA signed on. He initially picked Mickey Rourke to star as the founder of the Mongol Empire.
RZA is expected to kick off filming next year in China, the same country where he shot "Iron Fist". The upcoming movie itself will be a piece of story about the great conqueror which will be told from his son and grandson's point of view, and how they saw this mythic figure from the Khan family.
As for "No Man's Land", the movie will likely be RZA's next gig after "Iron Fist". The story follows a man who steals a diamond from a powerful criminal. The diamond apparently proves to be far more valuable than he initially thought. With the help of a dancer, the man tries to stay alive and cash in on the diamond.
It is said that the story in the film will take place in one night. Described as being in the vein of "The Warriors", the script is written by Trey Ellis and David Klass.
RZA turned into the big screen industry by helming and writing "The Man with the Iron Fists", in which directors Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth were involved in aiding to perfect the script and cast ensemble. The film will open in the U.S. cinemas this coming Friday, November 2. RZA stars in it alongside Russell Crowe, Jamie Chung and Lucy Liu.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival