Jeremy Renner Shows No Mercy in 'Hansel and Gretel' Red Band Trailer
Jeremy Renner lets out his inner cold-blooded killer in the red band trailer for "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters". In the promo video which is released via IGN, Renner doesn't hesitate to explicitly tear apart witches' bodies, shoot their heads or crush their bones. Gemma Arterton is also seen joining Renner in his brutal actions. In between the violent-laden scenes, there are glimpses at Renner's steamy moments with a blond beauty.
A twisted adaptation of the Brother Grimm classic tale, "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" is set 15 years after Hansel and Gretel killed the witch who kidnapped them, with the siblings now becoming bounty hunters who pursue witches. They also have to face a corrupt town sheriff that becomes their new enemy.
Of the new darker take on the famous siblings, Arterton once said to Entertainment Weekly, "Gretel is much more in tune with her spiritual side. Hansel is a typical action hero, cheeky, funny, a womanizer. She's much of a thinker, intense, internal and bit more open-minded than he is."
The Tommy Wirkola-directed movie, which is also presented in 3D and IMAX formats, is scheduled to arrive in the U.S. cinemas on January 25, 2013. Famke Janssen, Peter Stormare, Thomas Mann, Zoe Bell, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Derek Mears, Judy Norton and Christian Rubeck are all joining Renner and Arterton in the cast ensemble.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'