'The Wolverine' Reveals Vintage Teaser Poster While Throwing Live Chat Event
Fans of Marvel's "The Wolverine" receive plenty of special treats from 20th Century Fox on Monday, October 29. Not only does the studio confirm the 3D release for the movie, but it also throws a live Q&A session with the Wolverine depicter Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold. During the session, a brand new teaser poster is also unleashed for devoted fans of the mutant hero.
The one-sheet boasts a black-and-white tune with Logan a.k.a The Wolverine sporting his sharp-pointed claws in front of his chest. The simple-but-artistic poster, which looks like a Japanese painting art, does not feature the film's title or any other tagline aside from the release date of the movie, "7-26-2013".
As for Jackman and Mangold, who are on-hand at the Q&A session, the two revealed many tidbits while discussing the movie. Talking about his vision on the film, Mangold says, "We've made a concerted effort to make the film feel more real, to pull back on the super duper abilities of Logan. Like, he doesn't bring down any airplanes. It's grounded." He adds, "This is a tent-poll movie. There's outrageous action."
Jackman additionally hints that his character may not be absolutely invincible. "In this movie, how do we put it - let's just say he discovers his kryptonite," he teases. Commenting on his hard work to portray Logan, the Australian actor says, "It's not about being buff. I wanted to see veins. I wanted to be animalistic. I wanted to look not pretty - [more] frightening."
Once again, director Mangold weighs in on the plot which won't be related to the previous "X-Men" movies. "It finds Logan at a point when the X-Men are gone; Jean Gray is gone; a lot of the ties he had to the world, are gone," he says. "I wanted to place this story somewhere where Hugh and I could develop a movie which could create its own world, wouldn't have to in a sense hand off to another movie or answer to another movie."
To open nationwide on July 26, 2013, "The Wolverine" will find Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.
"The Wolverine" Live Q&A With Hugh Jackman and James Mangold:
- Bella Hadid Flashes Nipples and Panties in New Seductive Pic for Love Magazine
- 'Veep': Selina Will Spread Democracy Like 'Patient Zero' in First Teaser for Season 6
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic Slammed by Fans for Blatant Inaccuracies
- Sofia Richie Flashes Nipples in Boob-Baring Outfit at London Fashion Week
- Chelsea Clinton Trolls President Trump on Twitter for His Baffling Sweden Comment
- 'Atlanta', 'Moonlight' and 'The Americans' Among Winners of 2017 Writers Guild Awards
- Artist of the Week: Chance The Rapper
- Lisa Rinna Cheers Playboy for Bringing Back Nudity by Posting Nude Selfie