It's Confirmed, Frank Grillo Is Villainous Crossbone in 'Captain America 2'
The long-running speculations of who will be the bad guy in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" has finally been answered. Variety breaks the news that Frank Grillo has officially snatched the role of supervillain Crossbone in the highly-anticipated sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger".
The news confirmed previous swirling rumors suggesting that Crossbone would make appearance in the movie. The character, who is also known as Brock Rumlow, usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull. Though he doesn't have any superhuman powers, Crossbones is known as the world's best hand-to-hand combatants. He's also the one who carries out the assassination of Captain America in Marvel comics.
Speculations that Grillo was tested as the antagonist sparked last week when the actor tweeted a cryptic note that read, "See Ya LA. It was a a good trip. Marvel was a lot of fun. Be cool if it works out. #CaptainAmerica." He added in another posting, "WOW. Badass fans that Marvel has. Fierce muthas. #bones."
Grillo will now join Chris Evans who returns as the star-spangled superhero. Also confirmed to star in the film are Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes who later becomes the Winter Soldier, Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff a.k.a Black Widow, and Anthony Mackie as The Falcon.
Directed by the Russo brothers, "Captain America 2" is slated for an April 4, 2014 release in cinemas across the United States.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?