Hulk Hogan Settles Sex Tape Lawsuit With Bubba
The war between Hulk Hogan and his former friend Bubba the Love Sponge has ceased. Both parties have reached a confidential agreement in the lawsuit filed by the former after his sex tape recorded in the latter's house went viral earlier this year. The wrestler claimed he was taped without his consent, which the radio host denied.
"After further investigation, I am now convinced that Hulk Hogan was unaware of the presence of the recording device in my bedroom. I am convinced he had no knowledge that he was being taped. Additionally, I am certain that he had no role in the release of the video," Bubba said in an apologetic statement on Monday, October 29.
"It is my belief that (he) is not involved, and has not ever been involved, in trying to release the video, or exploit it, or otherwise gain from the video's release in any way," the radio presenter continued before adding that he's "committed to helping Hulk and his attorneys find whoever is responsible for the release of the tape."
Bubba previously called Hulk "a hypocritical fraud," but he changed his tune. "Regrettably, when Hulk filed the lawsuit against me, I instinctively went on the offensive. The things that I said about him and his children were not true," he explained. "I was wrong and I am deeply sorry for my reaction, and for the additional pain that it caused Hulk and his children on top of the pain that they already were feeling."
"Mr. Bollea is pleased that Mr. Clem finally stated the truth and apologized for his false statements," Hulk's lawyer David Houston responded to Bubba's statement. The shock jock whose real name is Todd Alan Clem played an audio of his apology during his radio show after a commercial break.
The wrestler whose real name is Terry Gene Bollea is still moving forward with his $100 million lawsuit against Gawker Media which published the sex tape. His lawsuit against Heather Clem, the woman he had sex with in the tape, is pending.
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake
- Ray J Teams Up With Chris Brown for Kanye West 'Famous' Response
- Here's Why Ryan Reynolds Disagrees With Tim Miller's 'More Stylish' Version of 'Deadpool 2'
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen