Eminem's Baseball Cap Reveals New Album Coming in 2013
Eminem drove fans into a wild state of curiosity as he hinted at plans of releasing a new solo album for 2013. The hint came through unconventional methods with the rapper selling commemorative baseball caps on his online store Monday. Without really making an actual announcement, the "Lose Yourself" rapper prompted speculations whether or not he would be releasing an album next year.
The item, tagged as the Eminem Baseball Tribute Champ Hat, sports a backwards E and is patterned after Eminem's beloved American baseball league, the Detroit Tigers. Also printed on the cap's side panel are the lists of landmark dates for the artist's past solo records: 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2013, which suggests that he is ready for a new solo record for that year.
No specifics, such as title or release date have been mentioned about the new album. For now, fans only get the baseball cap which runs for $30 and a portion of the sales will go to the Marshall Mathers Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youths in Eminem's home state of Michigan.
"I've actually kinda just started [on a new album]," explained Eminem to MTV News last August. "I've been on the move a little bit too, so I've in between things, sneak songs in here and there," he added.
If things go as planned, next year's Eminem album will be the rapper's eight studio release and a much-awaited follow up to his 2010 best-selling record "Recovery".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic