Eminem's Baseball Cap Reveals New Album Coming in 2013
Eminem drove fans into a wild state of curiosity as he hinted at plans of releasing a new solo album for 2013. The hint came through unconventional methods with the rapper selling commemorative baseball caps on his online store Monday. Without really making an actual announcement, the "Lose Yourself" rapper prompted speculations whether or not he would be releasing an album next year.
The item, tagged as the Eminem Baseball Tribute Champ Hat, sports a backwards E and is patterned after Eminem's beloved American baseball league, the Detroit Tigers. Also printed on the cap's side panel are the lists of landmark dates for the artist's past solo records: 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2013, which suggests that he is ready for a new solo record for that year.
No specifics, such as title or release date have been mentioned about the new album. For now, fans only get the baseball cap which runs for $30 and a portion of the sales will go to the Marshall Mathers Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youths in Eminem's home state of Michigan.
"I've actually kinda just started [on a new album]," explained Eminem to MTV News last August. "I've been on the move a little bit too, so I've in between things, sneak songs in here and there," he added.
If things go as planned, next year's Eminem album will be the rapper's eight studio release and a much-awaited follow up to his 2010 best-selling record "Recovery".
More Eminem News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival