Eminem's Baseball Cap Reveals New Album Coming in 2013
Eminem drove fans into a wild state of curiosity as he hinted at plans of releasing a new solo album for 2013. The hint came through unconventional methods with the rapper selling commemorative baseball caps on his online store Monday. Without really making an actual announcement, the "Lose Yourself" rapper prompted speculations whether or not he would be releasing an album next year.
The item, tagged as the Eminem Baseball Tribute Champ Hat, sports a backwards E and is patterned after Eminem's beloved American baseball league, the Detroit Tigers. Also printed on the cap's side panel are the lists of landmark dates for the artist's past solo records: 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2013, which suggests that he is ready for a new solo record for that year.
No specifics, such as title or release date have been mentioned about the new album. For now, fans only get the baseball cap which runs for $30 and a portion of the sales will go to the Marshall Mathers Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youths in Eminem's home state of Michigan.
"I've actually kinda just started [on a new album]," explained Eminem to MTV News last August. "I've been on the move a little bit too, so I've in between things, sneak songs in here and there," he added.
If things go as planned, next year's Eminem album will be the rapper's eight studio release and a much-awaited follow up to his 2010 best-selling record "Recovery".
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App