Eminem's Baseball Cap Reveals New Album Coming in 2013
Eminem drove fans into a wild state of curiosity as he hinted at plans of releasing a new solo album for 2013. The hint came through unconventional methods with the rapper selling commemorative baseball caps on his online store Monday. Without really making an actual announcement, the "Lose Yourself" rapper prompted speculations whether or not he would be releasing an album next year.
The item, tagged as the Eminem Baseball Tribute Champ Hat, sports a backwards E and is patterned after Eminem's beloved American baseball league, the Detroit Tigers. Also printed on the cap's side panel are the lists of landmark dates for the artist's past solo records: 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2010 and 2013, which suggests that he is ready for a new solo record for that year.
No specifics, such as title or release date have been mentioned about the new album. For now, fans only get the baseball cap which runs for $30 and a portion of the sales will go to the Marshall Mathers Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youths in Eminem's home state of Michigan.
"I've actually kinda just started [on a new album]," explained Eminem to MTV News last August. "I've been on the move a little bit too, so I've in between things, sneak songs in here and there," he added.
If things go as planned, next year's Eminem album will be the rapper's eight studio release and a much-awaited follow up to his 2010 best-selling record "Recovery".
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4