ABC Orders Full Seasons of 'The Neighbors' and 'Scandal'
ABC has given full-season orders to freshman comedy "The Neighbors" and sophomore drama "Scandal". The network orders nine additional episodes, bringing the shows' current seasons to a total of 22 episodes each.
"Neighbors" follows a family who moves into a new house in a gated New Jersey townhome community, which is populated by aliens disguising as humans. The show premiered to 9.2 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49, and has averaged 6.8 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in the demo.
As for "Scandal", the Shonda Rhimes-created political drama gets its first full season after airing only 13 episodes in its inaugural season. The show is up 2% in viewers from last season, averaging 8.1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in the demo in its second season.
ABC is expected to announce the fate of its two other rookies "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue" later this week or early next week. The network recently canceled "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off Private Practice", which is also shepherded by Rhimes, after six seasons.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival