ABC Orders Full Seasons of 'The Neighbors' and 'Scandal'
ABC has given full-season orders to freshman comedy "The Neighbors" and sophomore drama "Scandal". The network orders nine additional episodes, bringing the shows' current seasons to a total of 22 episodes each.
"Neighbors" follows a family who moves into a new house in a gated New Jersey townhome community, which is populated by aliens disguising as humans. The show premiered to 9.2 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49, and has averaged 6.8 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in the demo.
As for "Scandal", the Shonda Rhimes-created political drama gets its first full season after airing only 13 episodes in its inaugural season. The show is up 2% in viewers from last season, averaging 8.1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in the demo in its second season.
ABC is expected to announce the fate of its two other rookies "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue" later this week or early next week. The network recently canceled "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off Private Practice", which is also shepherded by Rhimes, after six seasons.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart