ABC Orders Full Seasons of 'The Neighbors' and 'Scandal'
ABC has given full-season orders to freshman comedy "The Neighbors" and sophomore drama "Scandal". The network orders nine additional episodes, bringing the shows' current seasons to a total of 22 episodes each.
"Neighbors" follows a family who moves into a new house in a gated New Jersey townhome community, which is populated by aliens disguising as humans. The show premiered to 9.2 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49, and has averaged 6.8 million viewers and a 2.0 rating in the demo.
As for "Scandal", the Shonda Rhimes-created political drama gets its first full season after airing only 13 episodes in its inaugural season. The show is up 2% in viewers from last season, averaging 8.1 million viewers and a 2.5 rating in the demo in its second season.
ABC is expected to announce the fate of its two other rookies "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue" later this week or early next week. The network recently canceled "Grey's Anatomy" spin-off Private Practice", which is also shepherded by Rhimes, after six seasons.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce