Anderson Cooper's Talk Show Canceled After Two Seasons
"Anderson Live" is not going to return for a third season. It has been announced that the current second season will be the last for the syndicated daytime talk show hosted by Anderson Cooper, with the last episode slated to air in summer 2013.
"We are extremely proud of Anderson and the show that he and the entire production team have produced," Warner Bros' Telepictures studio says in a statement. "While we made significant changes to the format, set and produced it live in its second season, the series will not be coming back for a third season in a marketplace that has become increasingly difficult to break through."
Anderson, meanwhile, states, "I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons." He adds, "I am also grateful to Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively. I look forward to doing more great shows this season, and though I'm sorry we won't be continuing, I have truly enjoyed it."
The CNN host did not address the cancellation on the Monday, October 29 episode of "Anderson Live" as he focused on his coverage of Hurricane Sandy. He also took to his Twitter to give an update on the condition in New Jersey, writing, "Wow, water coming up fast along coast in Asbury Park. All of a sudden it's everywhere. Boardwalk is covered and its moving down block."
After the end of "Anderson Live", people can still watch the Silver Fox on CNN's primetime show "Anderson Cooper 360".
More Anderson Cooper News
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto