Armie Hammer Compares His 'Lone Ranger' Role to 'The Dark Knight'
Armie Hammer states that his take on "The Lone Ranger" is pretty much like Batman in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy. Promising that the Gore Verbinski-directed movie will be more complex than the original 1950s TV series, Hammer claims that his titular character is very similar to the Gotham hero, who was recently made popular by Christian Bale.
"Our take is darker and more complex, more action packed and more badass than the old TV show," he tells Empire magazine. "It's a 21st century version of the character, you know. There's a little of The Dark Knight in him."
Hammer goes on dishing, "There's less moral ambiguity, but there are definite similarities. They're both vigilantes who fell they have to wear a mask to serve justice because the people who are supposed to be doing it aren't."
"The Lone Ranger" follows Native American spirit warrior Tonto (Johnny Depp) who recounts the untold tales that transformed John Reid (Hammer), a man of the law, into a legend of justice. The two unlikely heroes must learn to work together and fight against greed and corruption.
Of Lone Ranger's bromance with Tonto, Hammer says, "It's an odd couple relationship, a lawman, an attorney who comes back to the West where he grew up, hoping to bring justice with him. He meets this wise Commanche who knows that, out West, you make your own justice.'
The big-budget Western movie will grace cinemas across the U.S. on July 3, 2013. Tom Wilkinson, Ruth Wilson, Helena Bonham Carter, James Frain, James Badge Dale and William Fichtner are joining Hammer and Depp in the casting department.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video