'Avengers' Director Joss Whedon Releases Anti-Mitt Romney Video
While U.S. election is fast approaching, Joss Whedon shares his thoughts about the presidential candidates. "The Avengers" director doesn't have much to say about Barack Obama, but he has a lot to comment on another candidate, Mitt Romney.
At first, it looks like the helmer is voicing his support for the Republican candidate. "You know, like a lot of liberal Americans, I was excited when Barack Obama took office four years ago. But it's a very different world now, and Mitt Romney is a very different candidate," he says.
As the video progresses, Whedon points out "the purity and courage of Mitt Romney's apocalyptic vision." He mockingly praises the politician as "one with the vision and determination to cut through business-as-usual politics and finally put this country back on the path to the zombie apocalypse."
The director elaborates further, "Romney is ready to make the deep rollbacks in healthcare, education, social services, and reproductive rights that will guaranty poverty, unemployment, overpopulation, disease, rioting - all crucial elements in creating a nightmare zombie wasteland."
Although the "Serenity" helmer doesn't directly encourage people to vote for Obama since it doesn't look like an official campaign from Mr. President's camp, he more or less shows where his alliance lies through his clear anti-Romney message.
The mock endorsement video for Mitt Romney comes hot on heels of Obama's campaign that features Lena Dunham comparing the first time voting to the first time having sex. "Your first times shouldn't be with just anybody, you want to do it with a great guy," she says.
"It should be with a guy with beautiful... someone who really cares about and understand women," she adds before recalling her own experience, "My first time voting was amazing. It was this line in the sand. First I was a girl, now I was a woman. I went to the polling station, I pulled back the curtain, I voted for Barack Obama."
The campaign ad receives backlash from conservatives.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'