Artist of the Week: Brandy
It's been a while since Brandy released a brand new song, but the wait was finally over when the "Boy Is Mine" hitmaker announced a release of her new studio album earlier this year. The CD titled "Two Eleven" became her comeback effort after her 2008 album "Human".
"The evolution of Brandy is crazy," she said. "I've gone through some things that I haven't yet sang about....From the break up with my ex-fiance, to the struggles since the car accident, and then 'Human' not performing well at all, and then to being cheated out of 'Dancing with the Stars'."
She continued, "It's like failure after failure after failure......I'm bringing everything I got. Everything I have to this project. I honestly feel like and I'm not trying to get emotional but I really feel like this is my last chance....This is time away from my daughter."
In addition to addressing her past failures, Brandy was inspired by Frank Ocean. "I hope I can get in [the studio] with him some more because his music is just so moving; I'm inspired by him. I think he's a great artist and he hasn't even touched on what he will touch on in the future," she gushed.
The album is led by chart-busting single "Put It Down" that features Chris Brown. The effort debuted at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 200, marking Brandy's fourth top-3 album. Elsewhere, it peaked at No. 1 on Hot R&B chart, becoming her second chart topper on the list.
The single itself peaked at No. 3 on Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. She explained why she chose it as her first offering from the album, "I just felt like, [when] being gone for such a long time, you need to come back with something strong and shock people."
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video