Tom Cruise Gives Update on 'Mission: Impossible 5'
After making his biggest hit to date through "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol", Tom Cruise apparently has prepared to continue the famous action film franchise with a fifth installment. Sharing to Total Film, the "Jack Ryan" actor gave a little update on the planned "Mission: Impossible 5".
"We're already working on different images. Talking conceptually," the "Rock of Ages" actor told the movie magazine, which named him Icon of Our Life Time in its 200th issue. "I love traveling around promoting different movies because I'm always looking at different places, and I always walk around to see the city. I look at architecture, subways... coming up with different sequences."
During the chat, Cruise also gushed about the big success of "Ghost Protocol" that led him to plan the possible fifth movie. "Seeing an audience respond... to have that experience is really wonderful," he said. "I started Mission: Impossible hoping I could make many of them. It's a character that I can grow with."
He went on admitting that the "Mission: Impossible" series was very important to him. "At that time it was the most expensive film in the history of Paramount Pictures, and the first film I was producing," he recalled. "It's been pretty exciting. I'll make a bunch of those. I'll make as many as people want to see... because they're very challenging, and so much fun to make."
Being released in the U.S. on December 16, 2011, the last "Mission: Impossible" movie took in $209,3 million domestically and $693 million worldwide, making it the highest-grossing film in the franchise. It also became the highest-grossing Cruise-starring movie, knocking down 2005's "War of the Worlds".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance