Ronnie Wood's Rolling Stones Memorabilia Auctioned Off as Part of Divorce Settlement
Ronnie Wood sold items spanning four decades of his career with The Rolling Stones. According to Julien's Auctions, the 65-year-old guitarist auctioned off his clothing, music instruments, and tour memorabilia in a two-day auction as part of his divorce settlement with his ex-wife Jo Wood.
Ronnie's 1955 Fender Stratocaster guitar was sold for $60,800. A cardboard cutout of a guitar from his bandmate Keith Richards was sold for $6,875. His white leather coat went under the hammer for $8,960, and a signed lithograph of Eric Clapton drawn by the musician was sold for $5,120.
Fans placed their bids online as well as in person and by phone at Julien's gallery in Beverly Hills on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and 27. A portion of the proceeds from the auction would be donated to MusiCares, the Grammy Awards charity that benefits aspiring musicians.
Ronnie and Jo called it quits in 2008 after 23 years of marriage. They initially had a feud about the ownership of the auction items before sorting out their disagreement and finally getting their divorce finalized in 2011. After the split, Jo wrote a memoir about her life story as a rock star's wife. She will release it sometime soon.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?