Madonna Booed for Encouraging Audience to Vote for Obama
Madonna has gone great length to support Barack Obama but she was not met with favorable response on Saturday, October 27. The singer slipped in some advice for her audience at her New Orleans concert which is part of her MDNA Tour.
"Who's registered to vote?" she asked the crowd. "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama." Some of the audience booed at her and reportedly walked out of her concert. Madonna then added, "Seriously, I don't care who you vote for ...do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote."
This is not the first time Madonna mentioned the current U.S. President at her concert. Last month in Washington D.C., she took time to address the past leaders such as Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., saying "They killed him, as they do. ...It is so incredible to think that we have an African-American in the White House. Those fine human beings did not die for nothing!"
Madonna was criticized for calling Obama a black Muslim in the White House after the concert but she said later, "I was being ironic on stage." She added, Yes I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were? The point I was making is that a good man is a good man no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked