Madonna Booed for Encouraging Audience to Vote for Obama
Madonna has gone great length to support Barack Obama but she was not met with favorable response on Saturday, October 27. The singer slipped in some advice for her audience at her New Orleans concert which is part of her MDNA Tour.
"Who's registered to vote?" she asked the crowd. "I don't care who you vote for as long as you vote for Obama." Some of the audience booed at her and reportedly walked out of her concert. Madonna then added, "Seriously, I don't care who you vote for ...do not take this privilege for granted. Go vote."
This is not the first time Madonna mentioned the current U.S. President at her concert. Last month in Washington D.C., she took time to address the past leaders such as Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King, Jr., saying "They killed him, as they do. ...It is so incredible to think that we have an African-American in the White House. Those fine human beings did not die for nothing!"
Madonna was criticized for calling Obama a black Muslim in the White House after the concert but she said later, "I was being ironic on stage." She added, Yes I know Obama is not a Muslim - though I know that plenty of people in this country think he is. And what if he were? The point I was making is that a good man is a good man no matter who he prays to. I don't care what religion Obama is - nor should anyone else in America."
More Madonna News
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage