Blaque Member Natina Reed Killed in Hit-and-Run Accident
Natina Reed, most famous for being one part of female group Blaque, was killed in a hit-and-run accident, just several days before her 33rd birthday. The singer, who also starred in 2000 flick "Bring It On", was struck by a car in metro Atlanta on late Friday, October 26.
Police said Reed was hit in the roadway at an intersection on U.S. 29 near Lilburn at about 10:30 P.M. "The driver of the vehicle contacted 911 to request assistance," the press release from Gwinnett (Ga.) Police Department stated. "Natina Reed was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center at 10:59 P.M. E.S.T."
The release continued, "Preliminary information indicates that Reed was in the roadway on Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road when struck." Police said that the driver "was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."
Reed is survived by 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, whose father is rapper Kurupt. She would have turned 33 on Sunday.
Condolences have been pouring in from every corner. "We are devastated by the loss of our group member, sister and friend Natina Reed," Blaque members Brandi Williams and Shamari Fears-DeVoe said in a statement. "Because of the enormous support of Blaque fans and our love for each another, Blaque officially reunited this fall and we were in the process of working on a new album and a reality show."
"Natina continuously embodied the pioneering spirit of Blaque and her undeniable creativity touched the hearts of fans everywhere. Natina was a mother, sister, accomplished songwriter, artist and friend. We ask for your prayers at this time for Natina's family. She will forever be missed and her global influence eternally felt. We thank God for the experiences we shared."
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie
- NBC Renews 'Days of Our Lives' for 52nd Season
- Adele Secretly Tied the Knot With Simon Konecki in Low-Key Ceremony at Home
- Demi Moore Is Set to Star as Mysterious Nurse on 'Empire' Season 4
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in Front of Son Cairo and Other Kids
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Seen Together Again Entering a Hotel in Milan
- 'Godzilla: King of Monsters' Taps Kyle Chandler as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Father