Blaque Member Natina Reed Killed in Hit-and-Run Accident
Natina Reed, most famous for being one part of female group Blaque, was killed in a hit-and-run accident, just several days before her 33rd birthday. The singer, who also starred in 2000 flick "Bring It On", was struck by a car in metro Atlanta on late Friday, October 26.
Police said Reed was hit in the roadway at an intersection on U.S. 29 near Lilburn at about 10:30 P.M. "The driver of the vehicle contacted 911 to request assistance," the press release from Gwinnett (Ga.) Police Department stated. "Natina Reed was pronounced dead at Gwinnett Medical Center at 10:59 P.M. E.S.T."
The release continued, "Preliminary information indicates that Reed was in the roadway on Lawrenceville Highway near Hamilton Road when struck." Police said that the driver "was determined to be not at fault and there are no charges pending."
Reed is survived by 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, whose father is rapper Kurupt. She would have turned 33 on Sunday.
Condolences have been pouring in from every corner. "We are devastated by the loss of our group member, sister and friend Natina Reed," Blaque members Brandi Williams and Shamari Fears-DeVoe said in a statement. "Because of the enormous support of Blaque fans and our love for each another, Blaque officially reunited this fall and we were in the process of working on a new album and a reality show."
"Natina continuously embodied the pioneering spirit of Blaque and her undeniable creativity touched the hearts of fans everywhere. Natina was a mother, sister, accomplished songwriter, artist and friend. We ask for your prayers at this time for Natina's family. She will forever be missed and her global influence eternally felt. We thank God for the experiences we shared."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked