Kate Moss: I Never Took Drugs and Not Anorexic
Kate Moss is breaking off the association with "heroin chic". The supermodel wrote in her new autobiography, "Kate: The Kate Moss Book", that she never used drugs despite being labeled the nickname back in 1993 because people thought she looked like one.
"If I was anorexic or if I was on heroin, maybe I would have been a bit more 'oh dear! But I wasn't any of those things that they were painting me to be," she said as quoted by Daily Mirror. U.S. president Bill Clinton even once criticized her for being anorexic.
But she said she never cared for what people think of her. "It didn't have anything to do with who I was at all, so I never really thought about it. I just thought, the people who know me know the truth," she said.
Moss was also candid about her body image when she first started modeling. "I hated my boobs more than anything as a teenager. I'd do anything not to take my top off. I see nudity as empowering now. Before, I didn't. I cried for years!" She began modeling at the age of 15 and appeared on the cover of The Face magazine a year later. She was then booked for numerous Calvin Klein runway shows.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media