Kate Moss: I Never Took Drugs and Not Anorexic
Kate Moss is breaking off the association with "heroin chic". The supermodel wrote in her new autobiography, "Kate: The Kate Moss Book", that she never used drugs despite being labeled the nickname back in 1993 because people thought she looked like one.
"If I was anorexic or if I was on heroin, maybe I would have been a bit more 'oh dear! But I wasn't any of those things that they were painting me to be," she said as quoted by Daily Mirror. U.S. president Bill Clinton even once criticized her for being anorexic.
But she said she never cared for what people think of her. "It didn't have anything to do with who I was at all, so I never really thought about it. I just thought, the people who know me know the truth," she said.
Moss was also candid about her body image when she first started modeling. "I hated my boobs more than anything as a teenager. I'd do anything not to take my top off. I see nudity as empowering now. Before, I didn't. I cried for years!" She began modeling at the age of 15 and appeared on the cover of The Face magazine a year later. She was then booked for numerous Calvin Klein runway shows.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London