Kate Moss: I Never Took Drugs and Not Anorexic
Kate Moss is breaking off the association with "heroin chic". The supermodel wrote in her new autobiography, "Kate: The Kate Moss Book", that she never used drugs despite being labeled the nickname back in 1993 because people thought she looked like one.
"If I was anorexic or if I was on heroin, maybe I would have been a bit more 'oh dear! But I wasn't any of those things that they were painting me to be," she said as quoted by Daily Mirror. U.S. president Bill Clinton even once criticized her for being anorexic.
But she said she never cared for what people think of her. "It didn't have anything to do with who I was at all, so I never really thought about it. I just thought, the people who know me know the truth," she said.
Moss was also candid about her body image when she first started modeling. "I hated my boobs more than anything as a teenager. I'd do anything not to take my top off. I see nudity as empowering now. Before, I didn't. I cried for years!" She began modeling at the age of 15 and appeared on the cover of The Face magazine a year later. She was then booked for numerous Calvin Klein runway shows.
More Kate Moss News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'