Kate Moss: I Never Took Drugs and Not Anorexic
Kate Moss is breaking off the association with "heroin chic". The supermodel wrote in her new autobiography, "Kate: The Kate Moss Book", that she never used drugs despite being labeled the nickname back in 1993 because people thought she looked like one.
"If I was anorexic or if I was on heroin, maybe I would have been a bit more 'oh dear! But I wasn't any of those things that they were painting me to be," she said as quoted by Daily Mirror. U.S. president Bill Clinton even once criticized her for being anorexic.
But she said she never cared for what people think of her. "It didn't have anything to do with who I was at all, so I never really thought about it. I just thought, the people who know me know the truth," she said.
Moss was also candid about her body image when she first started modeling. "I hated my boobs more than anything as a teenager. I'd do anything not to take my top off. I see nudity as empowering now. Before, I didn't. I cried for years!" She began modeling at the age of 15 and appeared on the cover of The Face magazine a year later. She was then booked for numerous Calvin Klein runway shows.
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2