Kate Moss: I Never Took Drugs and Not Anorexic
Kate Moss is breaking off the association with "heroin chic". The supermodel wrote in her new autobiography, "Kate: The Kate Moss Book", that she never used drugs despite being labeled the nickname back in 1993 because people thought she looked like one.
"If I was anorexic or if I was on heroin, maybe I would have been a bit more 'oh dear! But I wasn't any of those things that they were painting me to be," she said as quoted by Daily Mirror. U.S. president Bill Clinton even once criticized her for being anorexic.
But she said she never cared for what people think of her. "It didn't have anything to do with who I was at all, so I never really thought about it. I just thought, the people who know me know the truth," she said.
Moss was also candid about her body image when she first started modeling. "I hated my boobs more than anything as a teenager. I'd do anything not to take my top off. I see nudity as empowering now. Before, I didn't. I cried for years!" She began modeling at the age of 15 and appeared on the cover of The Face magazine a year later. She was then booked for numerous Calvin Klein runway shows.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'