Usher's Ex-Wife Tameka Foster Sued for Unpaid Rent
Usher's ex-wife Tameka Foster seems to be deeper in financial trouble. The mother of five is being sued by her landlord for failing to pay rent and other stuff totaling close to $50,000.
In its lawsuit, Antelope Valley Plaza (AVP) claimed Tameka has not paid $36,943.42 for the three retail spaces in a Georgia complex she has rented since two years ago. She signed a two-year lease agreement on the properties which are used as her business of indoor play center for kids, Kangazoom.
The agreement was to pay $9,966.67 a month, according to TMZ, but Tameka has not paid the bill for months. She also owes AVP more than $4,000 in late charges and $2,000 in unpaid taxes all tolled. The total amount is $49,816.18.
Tameka has responded to the lawsuit, saying it was AVP who breached their contract. She demands the lawsuit to be dismissed.
Tameka is also facing another eviction. Usher's lawyer sent her a letter to inform that the singer is selling the suburban Georgia home that he purchased in 2007 for $3 million. The former couple's 2009 divorce settlement stated that Tameka was allowed to live at the property but should move out when the owner aka Usher puts it up for sale and gives her a 60 days notice.
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress