Ben Kingsley's Scary Portrayal as The Mandarin in 'Iron Man 3' Praised by Kevin Feige
Shortly after "Iron Man 3" released its first trailer a few days ago, Ben Kingsley's portrayal as The Mandarin was brought into attention. Most fans had good words for the Oscar-winning actor, praising his convincing performance as the supervillain though he's only seen for a few seconds in the promotional video.
Kingsley's portrayal of the wealthy Chinese scientist and martial arts expert was also praised by none other than Marvel boss Kevin Feige. "On his last take of his first full day as the Mandarin, when they yelled 'Cut!' the entire crew burst into applause, spearheaded by Mr. Downey himself," he told USA Today. "It was pretty amazing to see that."
Feige went on saying that the "Hugo" actor would surely deliver a scarier version of the supervillain in the third "Iron Man" movie. "That's what you get when you hire Sir Ben Kingsley," he gushed. "He's so excited about his part and so into this character, and frankly just scaring the heck out of everybody. They're like, 'You've broken us out of our skeptical malaise!' "
Fans will have to wait until May 3, 2013 to see Kingsley and Robert Downey Jr. fighting against each other in "Iron Man 3". However, some spoilerish tidbits about their possible "big fight sequence" had recently made their rounds onto the web. The scoops were revealed by English stuntman/actor and current Marvel employee Andrew Lawden.
Per Screen Rant, Lawden reportedly said that [SPOILER ALERT!] "there's going to be a big fight sequence with The Mandarin, who's the main villain, which will involve none other than forty different iron man suits." He added, "There's an amazing rescue where The Mandarin basically wants to bring down the American government and kill the President, and he launches an attack on Air Force One. All of them - the President and his men and staff - get sucked out of the plane, and Iron Man rescues them by forming this amazing human chain in the sky."
He went on, "There's some pretty spectacular stuff that goes on. There's an amazing sequence where he has this rooftop house that he builds to store all his Iron Man suits, and it gets attacked by The Mandarin and these gunships [...] I was shocked to discover there are like forty Iron Man suits written into this feature in various way...so that's going to be pretty impressive. But apparently he needs this Iron Man army to go up against The Mandarin's forces."
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'