Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'Unlock Yourself' With Lyric Video
Showcasing her exquisite voice and skillful piano playing in a lyric video for "Unlock Yourself", Alicia Keys calls out to her young fans to be true to themselves and explore their full potential. The song's inspirational message is brought to life through intricate stop-motion animation and Keys' heartfelt musical delivery.
"Unlock Yourself" comes out as a bonus song for fans before the 14-time Grammy winner releases her fifth studio album "Girl on Fire" on November 27. The uplifting track, together with another non-"Girl on Fire" song "Follow the Moon", is part of the promotion for the singer's new children's app called "The Journals of Mama Mae and LeeLee", which is available now at the iTunes app store.
In the song, Keys reminds children that they have the power to become what they want and that they should always follow their dreams. After giving birth to her son two years ago, the gifted vocalist expressed her interest in creating tools for children.
"It's a new adventure for me, and I'm really enjoying it," said the singer about the interactive children's app. The new app is quite a creative tool in itself, allowing fans to write their journals, play their favorite music, and create different fun stuff in the app's interactive room. Her 2-year old son, Egypt, was among her inspirations in creating this new project.
Among the great artists appearing on Keys' upcoming album are Maxwell, Bruno Mars, Jamie Foxx, and John Legend.
More Alicia Keys News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes