Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'Unlock Yourself' With Lyric Video
Showcasing her exquisite voice and skillful piano playing in a lyric video for "Unlock Yourself", Alicia Keys calls out to her young fans to be true to themselves and explore their full potential. The song's inspirational message is brought to life through intricate stop-motion animation and Keys' heartfelt musical delivery.
"Unlock Yourself" comes out as a bonus song for fans before the 14-time Grammy winner releases her fifth studio album "Girl on Fire" on November 27. The uplifting track, together with another non-"Girl on Fire" song "Follow the Moon", is part of the promotion for the singer's new children's app called "The Journals of Mama Mae and LeeLee", which is available now at the iTunes app store.
In the song, Keys reminds children that they have the power to become what they want and that they should always follow their dreams. After giving birth to her son two years ago, the gifted vocalist expressed her interest in creating tools for children.
"It's a new adventure for me, and I'm really enjoying it," said the singer about the interactive children's app. The new app is quite a creative tool in itself, allowing fans to write their journals, play their favorite music, and create different fun stuff in the app's interactive room. Her 2-year old son, Egypt, was among her inspirations in creating this new project.
Among the great artists appearing on Keys' upcoming album are Maxwell, Bruno Mars, Jamie Foxx, and John Legend.
More Alicia Keys News
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake