Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'Unlock Yourself' With Lyric Video
Showcasing her exquisite voice and skillful piano playing in a lyric video for "Unlock Yourself", Alicia Keys calls out to her young fans to be true to themselves and explore their full potential. The song's inspirational message is brought to life through intricate stop-motion animation and Keys' heartfelt musical delivery.
"Unlock Yourself" comes out as a bonus song for fans before the 14-time Grammy winner releases her fifth studio album "Girl on Fire" on November 27. The uplifting track, together with another non-"Girl on Fire" song "Follow the Moon", is part of the promotion for the singer's new children's app called "The Journals of Mama Mae and LeeLee", which is available now at the iTunes app store.
In the song, Keys reminds children that they have the power to become what they want and that they should always follow their dreams. After giving birth to her son two years ago, the gifted vocalist expressed her interest in creating tools for children.
"It's a new adventure for me, and I'm really enjoying it," said the singer about the interactive children's app. The new app is quite a creative tool in itself, allowing fans to write their journals, play their favorite music, and create different fun stuff in the app's interactive room. Her 2-year old son, Egypt, was among her inspirations in creating this new project.
Among the great artists appearing on Keys' upcoming album are Maxwell, Bruno Mars, Jamie Foxx, and John Legend.
More Alicia Keys News
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death