Leighton Meester Gets a New Short Hairdo
"Gossip Girl" fans can say goodbye to Leighton Meester's long and curly hair. The 26-year-old actress appeared fresh and different from her character Blair Waldorf on the CW series when she celebrated her new Flaunt Magazine cover during a dinner party at Ink restaurant on Thursday, October 25 in West Hollywood, Calif.
Less than a week after attending a wrap party for the TV series, Leighton started distancing herself away from the primary character of the show by cutting her hair above her shoulder. Showing off her new bob hairstyle at the bash, Leighton told Just Jared, "I chopped off my hair after 'Gossip Girl' wrapped."
She went on, "My long, wavy hair got a long of mileage, so it was time for a change." She then recalled her haircut process, "The girl who did my hair on the show [Lizzie Reilly] chopped it off and I love it. I hop out of the shower and it takes five minutes to dry!"
In September, "The Roommate" actress hinted to The Cut that she wanted to look different from her character Blair after she finished shooting the TV drama series. She revealed, "I haven't been able to change my hair for six years - and I used to do it all the time, so I think if the mood strikes me, I'll cut my hair or dye it or try different things."
"It would probably coincide with doing a different part that required a different hairstyle," she went on. "But I'm not necessarily planning on chopping my hair off or shaving my head as soon as I'm done with the show."
Leighton has completed the filming of "Gossip Girl" season 6, which was premiered on October 8 and will air the series finale on December 10. As her upcoming project, the actress is going to serve as a narrator in "Unity", an educational documentary film about a deeper meaning to existence and a better way of living together, which is going to be unleashed in U.S. theaters on November 30.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards