Quirky First Trailer for Dustin Hoffman's 'Quartet'
Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut "Quartet" has its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Packed with a host of critically-acclaimed movie veterans, the trailer centers on some quirky events that happen among a couple of elderly people in a retirement house.
The video sees lifelong friends Wilf and Reggie, along with former colleague Cissy, living in Beecham House, a home for retired opera singers. Every year on Giuseppe Verdi's birthday, the residents unite to give a concert to raise funds for their home.
However, when Jean Horton moves into the home to everyone's surprise, the plans for this year's concert start to unravel. Horton herself is a former grande dame of the opera who is fallen on hard times. She is also Reggie's ex-wife and the fourth and most celebrated member of their former quartet.
As old grudges threaten to undermine past glories and theatrical temperaments play havoc with the rehearsal schedule, it becomes apparent that having four of the finest singers in English operatic history under one roof offers no guarantee that the show will go on.
"Quartet" stars Oscar winner Maggie Smith as Horton, Oscar nominee Tom Courtenay as Reggie, and Billy Connolly as Wilf. Ronnie Fox, Pauline Collins, Michael Gambon, Sheridan Smith and Albert Finney are also supporting the drama.
The movie is scheduled to open in limited U.S. cinemas on January 28.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video