Quirky First Trailer for Dustin Hoffman's 'Quartet'
Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut "Quartet" has its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Packed with a host of critically-acclaimed movie veterans, the trailer centers on some quirky events that happen among a couple of elderly people in a retirement house.
The video sees lifelong friends Wilf and Reggie, along with former colleague Cissy, living in Beecham House, a home for retired opera singers. Every year on Giuseppe Verdi's birthday, the residents unite to give a concert to raise funds for their home.
However, when Jean Horton moves into the home to everyone's surprise, the plans for this year's concert start to unravel. Horton herself is a former grande dame of the opera who is fallen on hard times. She is also Reggie's ex-wife and the fourth and most celebrated member of their former quartet.
As old grudges threaten to undermine past glories and theatrical temperaments play havoc with the rehearsal schedule, it becomes apparent that having four of the finest singers in English operatic history under one roof offers no guarantee that the show will go on.
"Quartet" stars Oscar winner Maggie Smith as Horton, Oscar nominee Tom Courtenay as Reggie, and Billy Connolly as Wilf. Ronnie Fox, Pauline Collins, Michael Gambon, Sheridan Smith and Albert Finney are also supporting the drama.
The movie is scheduled to open in limited U.S. cinemas on January 28.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal