Quirky First Trailer for Dustin Hoffman's 'Quartet'
Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut "Quartet" has its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Packed with a host of critically-acclaimed movie veterans, the trailer centers on some quirky events that happen among a couple of elderly people in a retirement house.
The video sees lifelong friends Wilf and Reggie, along with former colleague Cissy, living in Beecham House, a home for retired opera singers. Every year on Giuseppe Verdi's birthday, the residents unite to give a concert to raise funds for their home.
However, when Jean Horton moves into the home to everyone's surprise, the plans for this year's concert start to unravel. Horton herself is a former grande dame of the opera who is fallen on hard times. She is also Reggie's ex-wife and the fourth and most celebrated member of their former quartet.
As old grudges threaten to undermine past glories and theatrical temperaments play havoc with the rehearsal schedule, it becomes apparent that having four of the finest singers in English operatic history under one roof offers no guarantee that the show will go on.
"Quartet" stars Oscar winner Maggie Smith as Horton, Oscar nominee Tom Courtenay as Reggie, and Billy Connolly as Wilf. Ronnie Fox, Pauline Collins, Michael Gambon, Sheridan Smith and Albert Finney are also supporting the drama.
The movie is scheduled to open in limited U.S. cinemas on January 28.
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'