'The Voice' Changes Rules, Some Coaches May Head to Finale Without Protege
Halfway through its third season, "The Voice" introduces yet more twists after featuring the new "Steal" in the Battle Rounds. It has just been announced that the show will allow viewers to help determine which contestants who will make it into the Top 12, but the coaches still have a say in this process.
"As 'The Voice' enters the crucial Presidential Election week, our audiences will see yet another twist for this cycle as they get a democratic opportunity to determine the top two singers from each team that will be safe," explains Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming of NBC Entertainment. "In addition, the coaches get to choose one artist of their own from their teams to continue into the next week as we compile our Top 12 singers."
Later on the final live shows that begin November 13, two singers with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated, no matter which team they're on. This will continue until the finale, which is tentatively scheduled for December 18. While it's unclear how many singers will be left for the final showdown, it's obvious that this twist may leave some coaches entering the finale without any singers to represent their teams.
"The Voice" season 3 has just wrapped up the Battle Rounds and will return October 29 and 30 with the Knockout Rounds. At the end of this phase, the number of contestants will be chopped down to 20. Fans can cast votes for their favorites starting The Playoffs, where five singers each from two teams will perform in each episode. Those surviving this stage will enter the Top 12 as explained above.
More The Voice News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?