Snippet of Whitney Houston's 'Never Give Up' Lands Online
After her much-talked-about death, power singer Whitney Houston's familiar voice is heard again online with the spill out of a snippet from the track, "Never Give Up". The song is the only previously unheard title from the singer's upcoming best compilation album, "I Will Always Love You - The Best of Whitney Houston", which is slated for release on November 13.
The mysterious new track is produced by Jermaine Dupri as well as co-written by Bryan-Michael Cox & Johnta Austin, and was reportedly recorded by the singer shortly before her untimely and sudden passing. Other tracks on the collection album include original versions of "I Will Always Love You", "Saving All My Love For You", "I Wanna Dance With Somebody," and a new mix of the song "I Look to You" featuring a duet R. Kelly.
Being one of the few last songs that Houston recorded, "Never Give Up" 's appearance online seems to be a positive message for fans missing the musical magic of the soul singer. Its title alone is very uplifting and the smooth, melodic tune heard on the snippet reminds people of Houston's unparalleled soulful vocals.
Whitney Houston was found dead last February 11 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills due to accidental drowning in the bath tub due to the effects of chronic cocaine use and heart disease. The singer was 48 years old.
More Whitney Houston News
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert