Stevie Wonder Releases New Song for Obama
Through his music, Stevie Wonder is attempting to grow voters for President Barack Obama. The singer has just released "Keep Moving Forward", an Arabian-flavored song which he performs to support Obama in the presidential election.
Wonder included a message at the beginning of the lyrical video which was posted on YouTube Friday, writing "It's your right. Get out and vote. Let's 'Keep Moving Forward'." The song's lyrics include achievement made by Obama in the past four years such as ending the war, health care for middle class and college for all.
Wonder has been a long supporter of Obama. He has performed for the president at a fundraiser held October 7 and a private dinner thrown by Jeffrey Katzenberg. Most recently, he joined Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, and Earth, Wind & Fire at a rally for Obama's campaign on Sunday night in Los Angeles. The event was attended by the president, celebrities and about 6,000 supporters.
Obama himself is a fan of Wonder. "I think it's fair to say that had I not been a Stevie Wonder fan, Michelle might not have dated me. We might not have married," Obama said back in 2009. "The fact that we agreed on Stevie was part of the essence of our courtship."
Wonder is not the only one releasing a song for Obama. Before him, there had been Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Rzeznik, Herbie Hancock, Delta Rae and Natasha Bedingfield.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy