Stevie Wonder Releases New Song for Obama
Through his music, Stevie Wonder is attempting to grow voters for President Barack Obama. The singer has just released "Keep Moving Forward", an Arabian-flavored song which he performs to support Obama in the presidential election.
Wonder included a message at the beginning of the lyrical video which was posted on YouTube Friday, writing "It's your right. Get out and vote. Let's 'Keep Moving Forward'." The song's lyrics include achievement made by Obama in the past four years such as ending the war, health care for middle class and college for all.
Wonder has been a long supporter of Obama. He has performed for the president at a fundraiser held October 7 and a private dinner thrown by Jeffrey Katzenberg. Most recently, he joined Bon Jovi, Katy Perry, and Earth, Wind & Fire at a rally for Obama's campaign on Sunday night in Los Angeles. The event was attended by the president, celebrities and about 6,000 supporters.
Obama himself is a fan of Wonder. "I think it's fair to say that had I not been a Stevie Wonder fan, Michelle might not have dated me. We might not have married," Obama said back in 2009. "The fact that we agreed on Stevie was part of the essence of our courtship."
Wonder is not the only one releasing a song for Obama. Before him, there had been Bruce Springsteen, Johnny Rzeznik, Herbie Hancock, Delta Rae and Natasha Bedingfield.
More Stevie Wonder News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers