Tom Hanks Tricks Matt Damon Into Appearing on 'The Colbert Report'
Tom Hanks upset Matt Damon on "The Colbert Report". The 56-year-old Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner opened a door on the set when someone knocked on it and appeared to be surprised by Damon who showed up in a soldier outfit.
"Matt Damon, what are you doing here?" so the "Saving Private Ryan" actor asked his co-star in the 1998 movie. "You asked me to come down here! You said it was for charity! You shoved me out of the way!" Damon replied in an angry note.
"I got better things to do, you know! I could be drunk right now in a movie theater, heckling 'Argo'!" he continued yelling. In a quick change of mood, Damon seemed to be just fine after seeing a bowl full of candies and leaving the set with it.
Hanks stopped by the Comedy Central talk show to promote his new movie "Cloud Atlas" which is released in theaters across the U.S. on October 26. He also boasted about his movie career as stating, "Stephen, my movie career speaks for itself - and is available on DVD and Blu-ray!"
"It makes a great sugar-free alternative to Halloween candy, which is so important," Hanks added, "what with America's childhood obesity epidemic." Later when Stephen Colbert asked him to explain how there could be such misunderstanding with Damon, the title character depicter in "Larry Crowne" exclaimed, "Go see 'Cloud Atlas'!"
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal