Tom Hanks Tricks Matt Damon Into Appearing on 'The Colbert Report'
Tom Hanks upset Matt Damon on "The Colbert Report". The 56-year-old Academy Award and Golden Globe Award winner opened a door on the set when someone knocked on it and appeared to be surprised by Damon who showed up in a soldier outfit.
"Matt Damon, what are you doing here?" so the "Saving Private Ryan" actor asked his co-star in the 1998 movie. "You asked me to come down here! You said it was for charity! You shoved me out of the way!" Damon replied in an angry note.
"I got better things to do, you know! I could be drunk right now in a movie theater, heckling 'Argo'!" he continued yelling. In a quick change of mood, Damon seemed to be just fine after seeing a bowl full of candies and leaving the set with it.
Hanks stopped by the Comedy Central talk show to promote his new movie "Cloud Atlas" which is released in theaters across the U.S. on October 26. He also boasted about his movie career as stating, "Stephen, my movie career speaks for itself - and is available on DVD and Blu-ray!"
"It makes a great sugar-free alternative to Halloween candy, which is so important," Hanks added, "what with America's childhood obesity epidemic." Later when Stephen Colbert asked him to explain how there could be such misunderstanding with Damon, the title character depicter in "Larry Crowne" exclaimed, "Go see 'Cloud Atlas'!"
More Tom Hanks News
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges