The Rolling Stones Throw 'Surprise' Mini Concert for 600 Fans in Paris
The Rolling Stones cheered around 600 lucky fans at a "surprise" gig in Paris on Thursday night, October 25. Delivering a high-energy performance at LaTrabendo club, the legendary Mick Jagger-fronted rockers treated fans to an hour-long set during the intimate mini concert.
Twelve hit songs were played at the Paris gig, which was set as a warm up for the British band before their highly-anticipated comeback shows in London and New Jersey. They performed such numbers as "Shattered", "Miss You", "Tumbling Dice", "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Brown Sugar" among others. Two new songs, "One More Shot" and "Doom and Gloom", were also presented during the show.
The tiny gig marked the band's first live performance since 2007 and it took place 48 years from the day they made their debut appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". The lucky fans only had to pay $19.42, which was far cheaper than the $172 to $650 ticket price for the upcoming Newark and London concerts.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. The quartert will release their greatest hits album "GRRR!" on November 13. After that, they will take the stage in scheduled shows at the O2 Arena in London on November 25 and 29, as well as at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 13 and 15.
Tickets for the London gig were sold within seven minutes after they were released for purchase. As for the Newark show, the tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 26.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season