The Rolling Stones Throw 'Surprise' Mini Concert for 600 Fans in Paris
The Rolling Stones cheered around 600 lucky fans at a "surprise" gig in Paris on Thursday night, October 25. Delivering a high-energy performance at LaTrabendo club, the legendary Mick Jagger-fronted rockers treated fans to an hour-long set during the intimate mini concert.
Twelve hit songs were played at the Paris gig, which was set as a warm up for the British band before their highly-anticipated comeback shows in London and New Jersey. They performed such numbers as "Shattered", "Miss You", "Tumbling Dice", "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Brown Sugar" among others. Two new songs, "One More Shot" and "Doom and Gloom", were also presented during the show.
The tiny gig marked the band's first live performance since 2007 and it took place 48 years from the day they made their debut appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". The lucky fans only had to pay $19.42, which was far cheaper than the $172 to $650 ticket price for the upcoming Newark and London concerts.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. The quartert will release their greatest hits album "GRRR!" on November 13. After that, they will take the stage in scheduled shows at the O2 Arena in London on November 25 and 29, as well as at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 13 and 15.
Tickets for the London gig were sold within seven minutes after they were released for purchase. As for the Newark show, the tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 26.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media