The Rolling Stones Throw 'Surprise' Mini Concert for 600 Fans in Paris
The Rolling Stones cheered around 600 lucky fans at a "surprise" gig in Paris on Thursday night, October 25. Delivering a high-energy performance at LaTrabendo club, the legendary Mick Jagger-fronted rockers treated fans to an hour-long set during the intimate mini concert.
Twelve hit songs were played at the Paris gig, which was set as a warm up for the British band before their highly-anticipated comeback shows in London and New Jersey. They performed such numbers as "Shattered", "Miss You", "Tumbling Dice", "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Brown Sugar" among others. Two new songs, "One More Shot" and "Doom and Gloom", were also presented during the show.
The tiny gig marked the band's first live performance since 2007 and it took place 48 years from the day they made their debut appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". The lucky fans only had to pay $19.42, which was far cheaper than the $172 to $650 ticket price for the upcoming Newark and London concerts.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. The quartert will release their greatest hits album "GRRR!" on November 13. After that, they will take the stage in scheduled shows at the O2 Arena in London on November 25 and 29, as well as at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 13 and 15.
Tickets for the London gig were sold within seven minutes after they were released for purchase. As for the Newark show, the tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 26.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'