The Rolling Stones Throw 'Surprise' Mini Concert for 600 Fans in Paris
The Rolling Stones cheered around 600 lucky fans at a "surprise" gig in Paris on Thursday night, October 25. Delivering a high-energy performance at LaTrabendo club, the legendary Mick Jagger-fronted rockers treated fans to an hour-long set during the intimate mini concert.
Twelve hit songs were played at the Paris gig, which was set as a warm up for the British band before their highly-anticipated comeback shows in London and New Jersey. They performed such numbers as "Shattered", "Miss You", "Tumbling Dice", "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll" and "Brown Sugar" among others. Two new songs, "One More Shot" and "Doom and Gloom", were also presented during the show.
The tiny gig marked the band's first live performance since 2007 and it took place 48 years from the day they made their debut appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show". The lucky fans only had to pay $19.42, which was far cheaper than the $172 to $650 ticket price for the upcoming Newark and London concerts.
The Rolling Stones are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year. The quartert will release their greatest hits album "GRRR!" on November 13. After that, they will take the stage in scheduled shows at the O2 Arena in London on November 25 and 29, as well as at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 13 and 15.
Tickets for the London gig were sold within seven minutes after they were released for purchase. As for the Newark show, the tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 26.
- Robin Williams' Widow Calls the Actor's Disease 'the Terrorist Inside My Husband's Brain'
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary