Elizabeth Taylor Is Highest-Earning Dead Celebrity 2012
Turns out, Michael Jackson is not the highest-earning dead celebrity this year according to Forbes. "Cleopatra" star and Jackson's close friend Elizabeth Taylor, who died of heart failure last March, has earned $210 million in the past 12 months, beating Jackson who earned $145 million this year.
Taylor owed her earning to the record breaking Christie's auction in which her jewelry, costumes and art work went sky-high. As many as $184 million from her earning came from the auction while the rest came from her estate, perfume sale as well as royalty of her films. She earns even higher than highest-earning alive celebrity, Oprah Winfrey, who raked in $45 million less.
Jackson earned $90 million more than the celebrity at number three, Elvis Presley. The King of Rock and Roll rounded up $55 million, thanks to a whole show around his music in 2010, "Viva Elvis", at MGM's Aria casino in Las Vegas. Presley earned the same amount of money last year.
"Peanuts" creator Charles Schulz sits at number four with $37 million. His earning could get higher in the future as a movie based on the characters he created will be made into a movie. At number five is singer Bob Marley with $17 million. He has profited from Marley beverage company and House of Marley, the latter which sells merchandise related to him.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video