Bobbi Kristina Insists Relationship With Adopted Brother Is Not Incest
Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown said on the premiere episode of her Lifetime reality show, "The Houstons: On Our Own", that her relationship with adopted brother Nick Gordon is not incest. The 19-year-old found it difficult to explain her ever evolving relationship with Gordon to her extended family after her mother's passing.
"We're engaged," Kristina said, flashing a ring that once belonged to Houston. She added later, "We were best friends ...a long time ago, and now, I'm in love with him. ...It was never anything. People were saying 'it's incest' ...none of that. You guys can take my word for it."
Gordon was formally adopted by Houston when he was 12 years old, but he has denied it on the episode. "I was never adopted. I'm not her blood brother," Gordon told the camera. Kristina's uncle Gary said he was not thrilled by the idea of their engagement but told him, "I just want you to look after her."
In front of the family, Gordon insisted, "Everyone gets it wrong, I was never officially ...it's not incest." Kristina also said that when her mother was still alive, the three of them will call themselves "The Three Musketeers". When she visited her mother's grave for the first time on the episode, she also said, "They wanna see us fail. I've got one thing to say: 'You won't!' "
More Bobbi Kristina Brown News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala