Reese Witherspoon to Record Duet With Michael Buble
Reese Witherspoon may be singing professionally in the near future. The Oscar-winning actress, who gave birth to her third child last month, reportedly is in talks to record a duet with Canadian singer Michael Buble, a source told Us Weekly.
Witherspoon has actually displayed a skill in singing when starring in "Walk the Line" in which she won an Oscar as country singer June Carter. She did training and voice lessons to prepare for the role, calling the experience "the most challenging, horrifying experience of [her] life."
In the drama film inspired by the real-life story of Johnny Cash and his tumultuous life, Witherspoon played Cash's second wife. So intimidated by the idea of having to perform in front of live audience, Witherspoon asked her lawyer to terminate the movie contract. "I'd never sung professionally," she said in an interview. However, her performance was eventually well-received by movie critics including Roger Ebert.
The actress has been seen out and about after giving birth to Tennessee James on September 27. She was shopping for new clothes in Beverly Hills on Wednesday, October 24 with a female friend. She also took son Deacon to a soccer game last weekend at a Los Angeles soccer field near her Brentwood, California home.
More Reese Witherspoon News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip