Report: Carmen Electra Eyed to Be 'America's Got Talent' Judge
Simon Cowell has set his eyes on Carmen Electra as replacement for Sharon Osbourne, if New York Post is to be trusted. The former "American Idol" judge is reportedly approaching the 40-year-old model/actress to be a new judge in the next season of the talent show.
Adding fuel to the rumor, the British producer and the Leilani McKenzie of "Baywatch" TV series were spotted together in Los Angeles in recent weeks. Neither the actress nor the "AGT" team released a statement on the report.
A source says the British producer had wanted the "Scary Movie" beauty to join the reality series in 2011 as a fourth judge, but NBC banished the idea. The judge/mentor on "The X Factor (US)", however, admitted last winter that he wanted "somebody younger. A girl. Someone who will not be afraid of Sharon [Osbourne] and Howard and fight for a different type of act than they would" to be added to the judging panel.
Sharon Osbourne parted ways with "AGT" after the seventh season due to her disagreement with NBC, which she accused of discriminating her son Jack Osbourne. The fate of the other judges, Howard Stern and Howie Mandel, are yet to be confirmed. "Howard very much wants to come back, but he is waiting to see who else is going to be on the panel," the source tells the Post.
More America's Got Talent News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart