Report: Carmen Electra Eyed to Be 'America's Got Talent' Judge
Simon Cowell has set his eyes on Carmen Electra as replacement for Sharon Osbourne, if New York Post is to be trusted. The former "American Idol" judge is reportedly approaching the 40-year-old model/actress to be a new judge in the next season of the talent show.
Adding fuel to the rumor, the British producer and the Leilani McKenzie of "Baywatch" TV series were spotted together in Los Angeles in recent weeks. Neither the actress nor the "AGT" team released a statement on the report.
A source says the British producer had wanted the "Scary Movie" beauty to join the reality series in 2011 as a fourth judge, but NBC banished the idea. The judge/mentor on "The X Factor (US)", however, admitted last winter that he wanted "somebody younger. A girl. Someone who will not be afraid of Sharon [Osbourne] and Howard and fight for a different type of act than they would" to be added to the judging panel.
Sharon Osbourne parted ways with "AGT" after the seventh season due to her disagreement with NBC, which she accused of discriminating her son Jack Osbourne. The fate of the other judges, Howard Stern and Howie Mandel, are yet to be confirmed. "Howard very much wants to come back, but he is waiting to see who else is going to be on the panel," the source tells the Post.
More America's Got Talent News
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses