Bradley Cooper to Be Emma Stone's Leading Man in Cameron Crowe's New Film
After becoming Jennifer Lawrence's love interest in "Silver Linings Playbook", Bradley Cooper will likely end up romancing another Hollywood It Girl in his next movie. The 37-year-old actor is close to star opposite Emma Stone in an untitled movie to be directed by Oscar winner Cameron Crowe.
Deadline reports that Cooper hasn't inked the deal yet, but notes that he will do it soon. The "Limitless" actor and the "Easy A" actress are expected to begin filming in the spring of 2013. No other actors have been confirmed to join them. Crowe will also pen the script, while Scott Rudin serves as the producer.
The untitled Cameron Crowe project has actually been developed years ago by the "We Bought a Zoo" helmer. It is a reworking of the filmmaker's long-gestating project since 2008 "Deep Tiki", which initially cast Reese Witherspoon and Ben Stiller as the leads.
The 2008 project was set to follow a successful, but incredibly unhappy military contractor who had a near death experience and then was sent to Hawaii for a covert and illegal satellite launch. There, he found the ex-love-of his-life and an annoying, but beautiful army liaison.
The original story also involved some Hawaiian Gods and a volcano sacrifice and therefore some people said it was similar to Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan's "Joe Versus the Volcano". It is still unclear whether Crowe will use the same plot for the newly-revived project or make several adjustments to the script.
Bradley Cooper has recently received praises thanks to his performance as a mentally-ill man in David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook". He will next be seen starring opposite Ryan Gosling in "The Place Beyond the Pines", and reuniting with Jennifer Lawrence in "Serena". He's also set to reprise his role as Phil Wenneck in "The Hangover Part III".
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary