FOX Announces Premiere Dates for 'American Idol', 'Touch' and' 'The Following'
FOX has set a premiere date for the highly-anticipated season 12 of "American Idol". The reality series, which has recently grabbed the headlines due to a feud between its female judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj, will return with a two-night event on January 16 and 17, 2013.
In addition to the wife of Nick Cannon and the Harajuku Barbie, the new installment of the singing competition has Keith Urban joining Randy Jackson in the judging panel. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the network's reality chief Mike Darnell defended the line-up, "Part of the complaints we've had over the last several years, even though we've had some really good judges, is that they all agree. So we sought to get a group that would have diverse opinions."
He further gushed, "The banter is amazing. It's fun, funny, energetic; there's almost never a lull -- there's cross-talk. There's everything you want. To get that, we have a very opinionated, passionate group, so there has been some drama."
Later on January 21, FOX will launch its new scripted series "The Following". Coming from "The Vampire Diaries" executive producer Kevin Williamson, the thriller stars Kevin Bacon as an FBI agent who finds himself in the middle of a network of serial killers, when a diabolical serial killer (James Purefoy) uses special technology to create them.
Also in winter, Kiefer Sutherland starrer "Touch" will return with its second season on Fridays at 9 P.M. starting February 1, replacing "Fringe" which is currently airing its final season. The show adds more stars in its cast ensemble including Maria Bello, Lukas Haas, Said Taghmaoui as well as Saxon Sharbino.
Still not announced by FOX is the premiere date of new comedy "The Goodwin Games".
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'