Gag Joke Video Shown in Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel's Wedding Leaks
Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel's wedding bliss was marred on Wednesday, October 24. The newlyweds were put in an awkward situation when a clip of a video featuring some random homeless people shown during their nuptials made its way on the internet.
The footage was made by Timberlake's longtime friend, L.A. real estate agent Justin Huchel. One toothless man said to the camera, "Justin and Jessica, I haven't seen you for a long time. I hope the wedding goes fine for you. My gift is in the mail."
The video sparked controversy on the web. Some blasted it for making fun of the homeless while pointing out the irony that the lavish wedding reportedly cost $6.5 million. An AOL reporter tweeted, "DISGUSTING - It seems Justin Timberlake friends video taped homeless people wishing the couple 'congrats' and aired it at the wedding."
The video was leaked by Gawker despite Huchel's cease-and-desist letter and threat to take legal action. "Mr. Huchel especially has not authorized you or Gawker Media to use or exploit any portion of his copyrighted video," his lawyer Michael J. Saltz wrote.
In his client's defense, the attorney claimed the real estate agent filmed the video as a gag joke which was not supposed to go public. "Mr. Huchel made a video to be used and exhibited privately at Justin Timberlake's wedding as a private joke without Mr. Timberlake's knowledge," the lawyer said.
Timberlake and Biel tied the knot at the Borgo Egnazia resort in Fasano, Italy. The groom donned a Tom Ford tux, while the bride wore a custom light pink Giambattista Valli strapless dress. "It was magical," he gushed. "It was an unforgettable evening." She added, "It was a fantasy."
More Justin Timberlake News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now