Jason Aldean Rules Billboard 200 With 'Night Train'
Jason Aldean's "Night Train" speeds up to the top of the Billboard 200 album charts, bumping off previous holder, Mumford & Sons with their album "Babel". Released last October 16 under Broken Bow Records, the country star's fifth studio album has cashed in record sales of 409,000 copies in its opening week, giving Aldean the second-biggest debut for an album in 2012.
"Night Train" has also positioned itself at the top of Billboard's Country Albums chart, receiving the highest first week sales for a country album since 2010. Aldean is still beyond belief with how the new album has been received by fans. "This past week was beyond anything I ever expected," he said in a statement.
"The 'Night Train' has already been a crazy ride for me. We flew around making TV appearances and stadium announcements all over the country, fueled by little more than coffee and adrenaline...so many fans jumped on board with us, and I couldn't be more thankful," he told The Tennessean.
Mumford & Sons's "Babel" slips to the runner-up spot with 74,000 copies (down 23%) after three weeks ruling the chart. The album is still a top seller with 600,000 copies sold earlier this month. The third, fourth and fifth places respectively are occupied by newcomers Brandy's "Two Eleven" with 65,000 copies, Scotty McCreery's "Christmas With Scotty McCreery" with 41,000 copies, and Jamey Johsnon's "Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran" with 32,000 copies.
Pink's former chart-topping album "The Truth About Love" rises 8 to 6 with 31,000 copies. The next three albums on the chart are Miguel's "Kaleidoscope Dream" (22,000), Little Big Town's "Tornado" (22,000), and Adele's "21" (21,000).
Rounding up the top ten is newcomer Deathlok's "Metalocalypse: Deathalbum III" soundtrack with 20,000 copies. The first two soundtrack editions of the Adult Swim series bowed to number 21 and 15 in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
- Jason Aldean - "Night Train" (409,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (74,000)
- Brandy - "Two Eleven" (65,000)
- Scotty McCreery - "Christmas With Scotty McCreery" (41,000)
- Jamey Johsnon - "Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran" (32,000)
- Pink - "The Truth About Love" (31,000)
- Miguel - "Kaleidoscope Dream" (22,000)
- Little Big Town - "Tornado" (22,000)
- Adele - "21" (21,000)
- Deathlok - "Metalocalypse: Deathalbum III" (20,000)
More Jason Aldean News
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Hold Off Marriage: They're Just Happily Dating
- Mariah Carey Enjoying Birthday Beach Getaway With Bryan Tanaka - See the Romantic Pic!
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings