Jason Aldean Rules Billboard 200 With 'Night Train'
Jason Aldean's "Night Train" speeds up to the top of the Billboard 200 album charts, bumping off previous holder, Mumford & Sons with their album "Babel". Released last October 16 under Broken Bow Records, the country star's fifth studio album has cashed in record sales of 409,000 copies in its opening week, giving Aldean the second-biggest debut for an album in 2012.
"Night Train" has also positioned itself at the top of Billboard's Country Albums chart, receiving the highest first week sales for a country album since 2010. Aldean is still beyond belief with how the new album has been received by fans. "This past week was beyond anything I ever expected," he said in a statement.
"The 'Night Train' has already been a crazy ride for me. We flew around making TV appearances and stadium announcements all over the country, fueled by little more than coffee and adrenaline...so many fans jumped on board with us, and I couldn't be more thankful," he told The Tennessean.
Mumford & Sons's "Babel" slips to the runner-up spot with 74,000 copies (down 23%) after three weeks ruling the chart. The album is still a top seller with 600,000 copies sold earlier this month. The third, fourth and fifth places respectively are occupied by newcomers Brandy's "Two Eleven" with 65,000 copies, Scotty McCreery's "Christmas With Scotty McCreery" with 41,000 copies, and Jamey Johsnon's "Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran" with 32,000 copies.
Pink's former chart-topping album "The Truth About Love" rises 8 to 6 with 31,000 copies. The next three albums on the chart are Miguel's "Kaleidoscope Dream" (22,000), Little Big Town's "Tornado" (22,000), and Adele's "21" (21,000).
Rounding up the top ten is newcomer Deathlok's "Metalocalypse: Deathalbum III" soundtrack with 20,000 copies. The first two soundtrack editions of the Adult Swim series bowed to number 21 and 15 in 2007 and 2009 respectively.
- Jason Aldean - "Night Train" (409,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (74,000)
- Brandy - "Two Eleven" (65,000)
- Scotty McCreery - "Christmas With Scotty McCreery" (41,000)
- Jamey Johsnon - "Living For A Song: A Tribute To Hank Cochran" (32,000)
- Pink - "The Truth About Love" (31,000)
- Miguel - "Kaleidoscope Dream" (22,000)
- Little Big Town - "Tornado" (22,000)
- Adele - "21" (21,000)
- Deathlok - "Metalocalypse: Deathalbum III" (20,000)
More Jason Aldean News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'