Fun. Take to New York City in New Video 'Carry On'
New York-based indie pop band, Fun., go on a night of merry-making and sold-out performances in the Big Apple for their new music video "Carry On". The single is the third track off the band's second studio album, "Some Nights". Previously-released songs include "We Are Young" and the title track.
Contrary to their break out video for "We Are Young", which was blissful and dreamlike, "Carry On" shows a much more realistic peek at what goes on in the lives of band members on tour. The video follows band members Nate Ruess (vocals), Andrew Dost (piano), and Jack Antonoff (guitar, drums) as they perform at Terminal 5 and go bar hopping at different pubs in New York.
Director Anthony Mandler, who also took charge of the band's "Some Nights" clip, gives "Carry On" a very documentary film-like treatment in terms of camera work and angle selections, adding to the realistic theme of the whole video. The camera also follows the band running through the busy streets, singing and dancing with crowds at karaoke bars, and resting in-between breaks at their live performance.
"Carry On" is a video that feels like an excerpt from a musical performance and undoubtedly has a more relaxed and inspirational anthem fueled even further by Nate Ruess' Freddie Mercury-like vocals. Jack Antonoff's guitar solo in the video is also reminiscent of Queen's.
Fun.'s "Carry On" Music Video
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic