First Look: Ray Winstone Is Bloody and Wounded on 'Noah' Set
A heavily wounded Ray Winstone has been snapped on the set of Darren Aronofsky's "Noah" recently. Preparing to film a scene for the high-profile biblical pic, the London-born actor was caught on camera sporting bloody face and torn primitive costume that exposed his fake injured leg.
Winstone reportedly would play Naamah's brother Tubal-cain, who's said to be the "nemesis" of the titular prophet. On the set, he was also seen donning long white beard and hair, as well as a set of leather garb under a metallic armor. Details of what scene he would film with the fake wound remain unclear.
Aside from Winstone's first look, some other set photos that featured a new look at Russell Crowe, Logan Lerman and Douglas Booth made their rounds online. Crowe, Lerman and Booth were each spotted in their full ancient attire, portraying Noah, Ham and Shem respectively.
"Noah" will be based on the Old Testament story about the devoted ark builder. The film has been Aronofsky's passion project from a long time. The "Black Swan" helmer started penning the script in 2004. Shortly before filming the biblical epic in Iceland in July, he excitedly tweeted, "I dreamt about this since I was 13. And now it's a reality. Genesis 6:14 #noah."
The epic movie is also supported by Jennifer Connelly as Noah's wife Naamah, Anthony Hopkins as Methuselah, Emma Watson as Ila, Kevin Durand as a Og, and Dakota Goyo as young Noah. Currently in the production phase, the film is slated for a March 28, 2014 release in the United States.
More Noah News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation