Aunt Doesn't Take Bobbi Kristina's Engagement to Nick Gordon Seriously
Whitney Houston's sister, Patricia Houston, doesn't think Bobbi Kristina Brown's engagement to her adopted brother Nick Gordon will last long. Pat voices her doubt about their relationship at a New York press junket of the family's new reality show "The Houstons: On Our Own".
"At the beginning of the show, she was engaged," Pat tells E! News, raising speculation that the engagement may end later on. "You have to realize, she's just lost her mother and she's 19 years old. I didn't take the engagement seriously," she adds. "They are friends, they will always be friends."
Pat only wants the best for her niece. "I am very proud of her," she says. "I am not concerned about a music or acting career, I'm concerned about life management for her, being able to navigate her life and take care of herself in a positive way, to be a strong independent woman, live life without too many handlers telling her what to do, with values and morals."
Bobbi herself tells Access Hollywood at a premiere party of her reality show that she's "doing okay." "I am doing better than I ever thought I would," Whitney's daughter explains. "Definitely better than I thought I would." Of her engagement to Nick, she says, "That's a surprise," before adding, "We'll let the viewers watch."
Nick is aware of the family's reluctance to approve of his relationship with Bobbi. "The family has me out to be a bad person," he previously said, but they were determined to prove them wrong.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show