Aunt Doesn't Take Bobbi Kristina's Engagement to Nick Gordon Seriously
Whitney Houston's sister, Patricia Houston, doesn't think Bobbi Kristina Brown's engagement to her adopted brother Nick Gordon will last long. Pat voices her doubt about their relationship at a New York press junket of the family's new reality show "The Houstons: On Our Own".
"At the beginning of the show, she was engaged," Pat tells E! News, raising speculation that the engagement may end later on. "You have to realize, she's just lost her mother and she's 19 years old. I didn't take the engagement seriously," she adds. "They are friends, they will always be friends."
Pat only wants the best for her niece. "I am very proud of her," she says. "I am not concerned about a music or acting career, I'm concerned about life management for her, being able to navigate her life and take care of herself in a positive way, to be a strong independent woman, live life without too many handlers telling her what to do, with values and morals."
Bobbi herself tells Access Hollywood at a premiere party of her reality show that she's "doing okay." "I am doing better than I ever thought I would," Whitney's daughter explains. "Definitely better than I thought I would." Of her engagement to Nick, she says, "That's a surprise," before adding, "We'll let the viewers watch."
Nick is aware of the family's reluctance to approve of his relationship with Bobbi. "The family has me out to be a bad person," he previously said, but they were determined to prove them wrong.
More Bobbi Kristina Brown News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie