Aunt Doesn't Take Bobbi Kristina's Engagement to Nick Gordon Seriously
Whitney Houston's sister, Patricia Houston, doesn't think Bobbi Kristina Brown's engagement to her adopted brother Nick Gordon will last long. Pat voices her doubt about their relationship at a New York press junket of the family's new reality show "The Houstons: On Our Own".
"At the beginning of the show, she was engaged," Pat tells E! News, raising speculation that the engagement may end later on. "You have to realize, she's just lost her mother and she's 19 years old. I didn't take the engagement seriously," she adds. "They are friends, they will always be friends."
Pat only wants the best for her niece. "I am very proud of her," she says. "I am not concerned about a music or acting career, I'm concerned about life management for her, being able to navigate her life and take care of herself in a positive way, to be a strong independent woman, live life without too many handlers telling her what to do, with values and morals."
Bobbi herself tells Access Hollywood at a premiere party of her reality show that she's "doing okay." "I am doing better than I ever thought I would," Whitney's daughter explains. "Definitely better than I thought I would." Of her engagement to Nick, she says, "That's a surprise," before adding, "We'll let the viewers watch."
Nick is aware of the family's reluctance to approve of his relationship with Bobbi. "The family has me out to be a bad person," he previously said, but they were determined to prove them wrong.
More Bobbi Kristina Brown News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service