Angelina Jolie's Kids Pax and Zahara Land Roles in 'Maleficent'
More of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's kids are ready to follow the footsteps of their parents as big-screen actors. After 4-year-old Vivienne Jolie-Pitt was confirmed to join her mother in "Maleficent", her siblings Pax and Zahara are now also said to be taking parts in the upcoming Walt Disney Pictures movie.
A representative for Disney has yet to say anything about the report, but a source reveals to Us Weekly that both Pax and Zahara will "have smaller parts" in the movie. "Shiloh was supposed to be in it too, but she was bored and not in the mood during the day her part was supposed to happen, so she ended up not being in the film," so the source adds.
The roles for 8-year-old Pax and 7-year-old Zahara are still kept secret, but the source says that they won't have dialogues in the film. Back in August, their sister Vivienne was confirmed to play "the child version of Princess Aurora," whose adult version will be portrayed by blond beauty Elle Fanning.
"Maleficent" itself will explore the origins of Disney's most iconic villain, Maleficent, and what led her to curse Princess Aurora in Disney's animated classic Sleeping Beauty. Angelina once told Entertainment Weekly that her children were excited about the film. "It's a really great script. I'm having a lot of fun. I've already got my horns fitted. My kids are very happy," she gushed.
Of the movie plot, Angie said, "It's not anti-princess, but it's the first time they're looking at this epic woman." The actress explained, "I hope in the end you see a woman who is capable of being many things, and just because she protects herself and is aggressive, it doesn't mean she can't have other [warmer] qualities. You have to figure out the puzzle of what she is."
Also starring India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton, Lesley Manville and Juno Temple, the family-friendly pic will open wide in the U.S. on March 14, 2014. Robert Stromberg serves behind the lens with Linda Woolverton writing the script.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed