First 'Iron Man 3' Trailer: Tony Stark Is Washout Hero
After releasing a series of snippets, Marvel Studios finally premieres an official first trailer for "Iron Man 3". Instead of offering the usually humorous and quirky Tony Stark, the trailer is dominated with dark scenes that highlight the vulnerable side of the brash-but-brilliant industrialist.
Stark is dominantly featured as a washout hero from the beginning of the video. He is seen lying down in the middle of the snow with battle damage before taking off his faceplate to reveal his bleeding face. "I can't sleep, and when I do I have nightmares," so Stark says with a trembling voice at one point.
While Stark has trouble with his own life, The Mandarin mercilessly shows up and blows up the hero's alternative suits and luxurious residence. "Some people call me a terrorist, I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number 1: Heroes, there is no such thing," so the villain says in the voiceover.
In "Iron Man 3", Tony Stark will fight against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle.
With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Starring Robert Downey Jr. as the titular hero and Ben Kingsley as the supervillain, the third "Iron Man" movie will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on May 3, 2013.
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary