Young Stars Come Out for 'Carrie Diaries' Premiere at NY Television Festival
There are still months before The CW debuts "The Carrie Diaries", but a world premiere for the show has been held during the New York Television Festival. Taking place at SVA Theater on Monday, October 22, the event saw a host of young celebrities among the attendees.
Taking a lead role on the upcoming series, AnnaSophia Robb was present to promote the TV adaptation of Candace Bushnell's book of the same title. Ditching her character's iconic curly hair, the 18-year-old star let her blond hair loose. She channeled her inner fashionista in an Emilio Pucci dress, a Diane Von Furstenberg clutch, Sergio Rossi shoes, and Miriam Haskell earrings.
Lending her star power to the event, Vanessa Hudgens came to support her boyfriend Austin Butler who lands a supporting role on the show. She bared her ribs in a black number by For Love and Lemons, posing with some cast members including Robb and Stefania Owen. Butler himself rocked a semi-formal style in a dark suit, a grey shirt and a bowtie.
Other cast members hitting the pink carpet were Ellen Wong, Brendan Dooling and Freema Agyeman. The book's author Bushnell as well as writer Amy Harris didn't miss the promotional event as well.
Serving as "Sex and the City" prequel, "The Carrie Diaries" follows the young Carrie Bradshaw as she asks her first questions about love and sex, while starting her internship in Manhattan. It is set to premiere in January 2013 as a replacement of "Gossip Girl", which is currently airing its final season.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says