Young Stars Come Out for 'Carrie Diaries' Premiere at NY Television Festival
There are still months before The CW debuts "The Carrie Diaries", but a world premiere for the show has been held during the New York Television Festival. Taking place at SVA Theater on Monday, October 22, the event saw a host of young celebrities among the attendees.
Taking a lead role on the upcoming series, AnnaSophia Robb was present to promote the TV adaptation of Candace Bushnell's book of the same title. Ditching her character's iconic curly hair, the 18-year-old star let her blond hair loose. She channeled her inner fashionista in an Emilio Pucci dress, a Diane Von Furstenberg clutch, Sergio Rossi shoes, and Miriam Haskell earrings.
Lending her star power to the event, Vanessa Hudgens came to support her boyfriend Austin Butler who lands a supporting role on the show. She bared her ribs in a black number by For Love and Lemons, posing with some cast members including Robb and Stefania Owen. Butler himself rocked a semi-formal style in a dark suit, a grey shirt and a bowtie.
Other cast members hitting the pink carpet were Ellen Wong, Brendan Dooling and Freema Agyeman. The book's author Bushnell as well as writer Amy Harris didn't miss the promotional event as well.
Serving as "Sex and the City" prequel, "The Carrie Diaries" follows the young Carrie Bradshaw as she asks her first questions about love and sex, while starting her internship in Manhattan. It is set to premiere in January 2013 as a replacement of "Gossip Girl", which is currently airing its final season.
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy