Frank Grillo Allegedly in the Running to Play Crossbones in 'Captain America 2'
Could "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" feature Crossbones as the supervillain? While the confirmed cast of the movie has yet to be announced, actor Frank Grillo hinted that he's indeed in the running to play the "badass" character in the upcoming sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger".
The "End of Watch" actor sparked the casting rumor as he tweeted on Monday, October 22, "See Ya LA. It was a a good trip. Marvel was a lot of fun. Be cool if it works out. #CaptainAmerica." He added in a following tweet, which has since been deleted, "WOW. Badass fans that Marvel has. Fierce muthas. #bones."
Grillo added fuel to previous speculation that he was actually testing to play Crossbones. Over the weekend, radio host Matthew Aaron spilled the beans as writing, "Once again, just wanted to tell you and I'll be talking about it all week... Frank Grillo has tested for Crossbone in the new Marvel movies."
Marvel Studios hasn't said anything to clarify the swirling report. For those who are unfamiliar with Crossbones, the supervillain, who is also known as Brock Rumlow, usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull. Though he doesn't have any superhuman powers, Crossbones is known as the world's best hand-to-hand combatants. He's also the one who carries out the assassination of Captain America in Marvel comics.
"Captain America 2" will begin filming in spring 2013 in Cleveland. Plot details are still kept under very tight wraps, but the film is already scheduled to open wide in the U.S. on April 4, 2014. Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Sebastian Stan and Anthony Mackie are all confirmed to star in the much-awaited movie.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics