The CW Picks Up 'Arrow' for Full Season
The CW has given a vote of confidence to its new show "Arrow". After airing only two episodes of it, the network has ordered back nine episodes of the superhero drama series, bringing its first season to a total of 22 episodes.
The titular character depicter, Stephen Amell, was the one who broke the news via his Twitter. "Best way to start a Monday? Getting picked up for your back nine episodes. Thwick. #Arrow," he wrote on Monday, October 22. He stated in another post, "Crew and cast of #Arrow have full hearts today. Thank you one and all for such a warm response. 22 episodes!! Next goal: (we know)."
Realizing that he prematurely spread the news before the network made the official announcement, the Canadian hunk followed it up with another tweet, "The downside of enthusiasm? I tweeted the news about Arrow's back nine pickup before that news was fit to be tweeted...My apologies to everyone at CW and Warner Bros. It wasn't my news to share." Still, he added, "On the plus side, the crew got to laugh at me. Really hard."
Confirming the good news, CW president Mark Pedowitz said, "Our strategy of rolling out our new fall schedule later in the year really paid off for The CW on several levels, especially with 'Arrow'. I'm proud of the quality of 'Arrow' and I'm happy we'll be able to share more of it with viewers."
"Arrow" is the latest TV adaptation of DC Comics' universe, centering on Oliver Queen a.k.a. Green Arrow. Debuting to 4.1 million viewers, the premiere episode marked The CW's most popular telecast in three years.
The network additionally has ordered three more scripts from two other freshmen, "Beauty and the Beast" and "Emily Owens, M.D.".
More Arrow News
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette
- Chrissy Teigen Is Blocked by Donald Trump After Posting This on Twitter
- Rick Ross Won't Sign Female Rapper to His Label as He Will 'End Up F**king' Her
- Amber Rose Reveals Kanye West Almost Caused Her to Commit Suicide After Their Breakup
- Full-Length Trailer for 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' Re-Release Unleashed