The CW Picks Up 'Arrow' for Full Season
The CW has given a vote of confidence to its new show "Arrow". After airing only two episodes of it, the network has ordered back nine episodes of the superhero drama series, bringing its first season to a total of 22 episodes.
The titular character depicter, Stephen Amell, was the one who broke the news via his Twitter. "Best way to start a Monday? Getting picked up for your back nine episodes. Thwick. #Arrow," he wrote on Monday, October 22. He stated in another post, "Crew and cast of #Arrow have full hearts today. Thank you one and all for such a warm response. 22 episodes!! Next goal: (we know)."
Realizing that he prematurely spread the news before the network made the official announcement, the Canadian hunk followed it up with another tweet, "The downside of enthusiasm? I tweeted the news about Arrow's back nine pickup before that news was fit to be tweeted...My apologies to everyone at CW and Warner Bros. It wasn't my news to share." Still, he added, "On the plus side, the crew got to laugh at me. Really hard."
Confirming the good news, CW president Mark Pedowitz said, "Our strategy of rolling out our new fall schedule later in the year really paid off for The CW on several levels, especially with 'Arrow'. I'm proud of the quality of 'Arrow' and I'm happy we'll be able to share more of it with viewers."
"Arrow" is the latest TV adaptation of DC Comics' universe, centering on Oliver Queen a.k.a. Green Arrow. Debuting to 4.1 million viewers, the premiere episode marked The CW's most popular telecast in three years.
The network additionally has ordered three more scripts from two other freshmen, "Beauty and the Beast" and "Emily Owens, M.D.".
More Arrow News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes