Artist of the Week: Taylor Swift
Starting it off as a teen songwriter, Taylor Swift is now one of the icons in country music. She released her first studio album "Taylor Swift" at the age of 17 and was quickly welcomed by music lovers, proven by the huge number of her album sales which put her on No. 5 of Billboard Hot 200 Albums chart.
Within a range of two years each, she launched her second and third installments which both sent her to top the U.S. albums chart. However, the blonde beauty hadn't scored her first No. 1 single until she unleashed "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" from her upcoming fourth installment in August this year.
With a massive digital demand, the breakup song posted the second best digital sales in a week overall, placing behind Flo Rida's "Right Round". It also broke a record for the most downloaded track in one week by a female artist, surpassing Lady GaGa who previously held the title with "Born This Way".
Summing up the last two years of her life, including the ups and downs, in the album, Swift also shows her vast musical colors. From slow tune "Begin Again" to danceable track "Starlight", and from pop song "22" to country-rock stomper "Holy Ground", all are enlisted in the record.
"It's all the different ways that you have to say goodbye to someone," she said of the album's theme. "When you're experiencing the ups and downs of a relationship, especially when you're 22 years old, they all strike you different ways. Every different kind of missing someone, every kind of loss - it all sounds different to me."
Having gained mostly favorable reviews for "Red", the 22-year-old artist will likely top the Hot 200 chart after the record debuts this Monday, October 22. To further boost the album sales, she is set to perform on "Good Morning America" on October 22 and 23.
More Taylor Swift News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video